Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Group Discussions > Encounters of a Bookish Kind

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Dec 27, 2010 02:41PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This topic will be open to discussions on discussions people have had with librarians, booksellers, strangers, etc that deal with books and book recommendations.

For instance, I was talking to a lady at Barnes and Nobles and she said that the latest book by Stephen King, Full Dark, No Stars, is supposed to be like the books he used to write. She said it was really good and highly recommended it. Prior to her reading it she thought maybe King had lost his edge. Also, I got a once over from a librarian when I asked for some a assistance finding a book that was supposed to be in. When she took a gander at the book cover, one of Patricia Briggs' with Mercy on it decked out with tattoos, I got the once over. I guess I don't look like the type that would read them. lol Hey, if you can't judge a book by the cover.... ;) Another time, I started a conversation with a lady at a thrift store and we traded names of our favorite romance authors. Does anyone else do this sort of thing?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments I am constantly talking to people at the bookstore. I figure fellow booklovers like to talk books too.