Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > QOTW - Dec. 27/10 - Jan. 2/11

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) How many books did you read this year? Will you finish any more before the new year?

message 2: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) So far I have read 211. I hope to get 215 by midnight Friday.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) I've read 78 so far and hope to have at least one more finished before new years - maybe 2, if I'm lucky.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) Lisa S wrote: "So far I have read 211. I hope to get 215 by midnight Friday."

I'm impressed! ;)

The most I've ever read in a year was 134 and that was in 2009.

message 5: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Thanks Jennifer

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments Lisa S wrote: "So far I have read 211. I hope to get 215 by midnight Friday."

Gee!! That is alot!! I am only at 89, which is my lowest in the last 3 years!! I am only going to get to 90 or 91 by Friday!

message 7: by Dannielle (new)

Dannielle Insalaco | 51 comments I average about 100 + per year.

message 8: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Sheeesh. I read only 27. Some of those are audio books too. Most I've ever read was 57 in a year.

message 9: by Elise (new)

Elise I only read 70 this year. I guess working three jobs takes a toll on your reading time!

I'm hoping to get in one more before the end of the year. I just started Blame.

message 10: by Sue J (new)

Sue J (sue-j) | 54 comments I'm embarrassed to say how many - compared to you all I'm obviously a bit of a slacker.

I don't keep a log but it's around 25 .... hanging my head in shame ... think I'm on the wrong board!

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments I'm at 39 and should make it to 40 by Friday.

message 12: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Sue J, never be ashamed of how much you read. I can't get my family to read ANY. 25 is good.

message 13: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) This year was a lean reading year - just too much going on. Only 24. But there were some wonderful books in that bunch! I can't believe how many some of you have read!

message 14: by Liz (new)

Liz I'm at 202 and will probably at least make it to 205 before the year ends. In 2007, the year I retired, I read 236 - the highest since I started keeping track in 2005. Last year at 180 was the lowest. I think that's the year I discovered Facebook ;-). My needlework takes up some time too.

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments Yes, no one should be ashamed of how much you read! At least your are reading! My husband reads in spurts and my step-son, but that is it! I love to read and will every chance I can!!

message 16: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I'm at an even 60, which is low for me. I might finish one more, though.

message 17: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments I quit keeping a list somewhere along the way but looking at my Goodreads, I think about 63 roughly.

message 18: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) OMG! How do you guys find the time?! I think I read, like, ten books/ year, if that. I only have time to read at night before bed, so it's only a few pages at a time, and some nights I don't get time to read at all. I am amazed!

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments I can relate, Caroline. I WANT to read (lots!) more but just keep getting bogged down in too many other things. I think my highest number ever was around 50, but I've steadily gone down from that over the years. (You'd think it'd be the opposite -- getting older, having more time -- but not so!) So here we are the beginning of another year when I always have a renewed determination to read more. We shall see ...

message 20: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) Jennifer L. wrote: "How many books did you read this year? Will you finish any more before the new year?"

I may finish with 53. Usually I run between 90 and 100.

message 21: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) Caroline wrote: "OMG! How do you guys find the time?! I think I read, like, ten books/ year, if that. I only have time to read at night before bed, so it's only a few pages at a time, and some nights I don't get ti..."

Caroline, I see that you have a baby in your pic - if your babe is still tiny that would explain the lack of reading time! LOL As long as we are enjoying the few books we get around to reading I'm a happy camper!

message 22: by Julie (new)

Julie | 59 comments I read 48. Up from 2009 but still down from my usual 60 some.

message 23: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I ended up with 216.

message 24: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments Wow Lisa! You are my hero. I'd be happy if I can reach 100 one year.

message 25: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 95 comments I read 102. I wanted to try and read 100 that was one of my goals and I just barely made it!!! Still did not read much non fiction though and some were very short or young adult. Still. I did it!

message 26: by Annika (new)

Annika I lost count, but I think I ended up around 60. This was a busy year and I went through a huge reading slump, so I definitely didn't read as much as usual. There's always next year, right?:)

message 27: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments That's the way I'm looking at it, Annika. It's a brand new year with great possibilities in ALL directions!