I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (Tucker Max, #1) I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell discussion

funny

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Martin This book is the funniest book I have ever read! I have recommended it too almost everyone around me. One of my employees read it last week and loved it also.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy This is on my reading list. Although I have not read it yet I've heard it compared to Chelsea Handler. Apparently the same sex/alcohol based shrewdness. I loved Chelsea Handler, she is one funny slut! you might want to try reading her if you liked Tucker Max.

Katie Absolutely hilarious!! Don't read if you are easily offended.

message 4: by Carolyn (last edited Dec 02, 2008 08:39PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Carolyn Stanley The book had some damn funny parts. Then it was just unbelievable. Seriously, he ran away w/ the stories.
I didn't see the Chelsea Handler comparison. (Sidenote regarding Chelsea: her new shows/episodes are HORRIBLE)
Anyway, this guy needs to buy himself some self esteem w/ the money he made off the book.
I'm not saying it wasn't a funny, easy read but it was really unbelievable.

Ann Marie Chelsea Handler was way funnier than tucker max...i enjoyed the book but it just got old after a while and almost unbelievable

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ann Marie wrote: "Chelsea Handler was way funnier than tucker max...i enjoyed the book but it just got old after a while and almost unbelievable"

It got old! That is a very true statement. I read it out loud to my husband and his eyes kept rolling. :)

Mike Ditto on the gradual increase in non-believability. I did find myself laughing out loud at several of the stories, though. But, just because it may not be true doesn't mean we can't laugh at it.

Ann Marie oh i definitely laughed about a bunch of it but like i said after a while it just got old and it pushed the limit of being offensive and im not offended easily

Raelene Martin wrote: "This book is the funniest book I have ever read! I have recommended it too almost everyone around me. One of my employees read it last week and loved it also."

I completely agree. I laughed so damn hard every page; however, this book definitely caused me to stay away from men, though. : )

Megan Collier OMG I loved the book it was so funny, I couldn't stop reading it. I recommended it to everyone.

Nichole Agreed. I read this in one night because it was hard to put it down. And I was always laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face all day. Unfortunately, everyone I've tried to get to read it thinks it's not as funny as I do...

My fave scene is when he has diarrhea in the hotel lobby... hahahaha, it's so ridiculous.

Arielle Ann Marie wrote: "Chelsea Handler was way funnier than tucker max...i enjoyed the book but it just got old after a while and almost unbelievable"

I liked Chelsea Handler better. Her first chapter on (ahem) self-love was hilarious, uncomfortable, and just as crude, but she has a heart and a side of her that tells her something is wrong. She's funny just to be funny. She's not malicious. Tucker Max has no thing in his head telling him something is wrong. So the book was poorly written, but funny, unbelievable, and left me hating Tucker Max.