Science Fiction Writers discussion

What're you working on?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 11, 2013 09:37PM) (new)

So, what are you guys working on?

message 2: by Gary (new)

Gary Ballard (gary_ballard) | 3 comments I've been editing the 3rd book in the Bridge Chronicles series, if [tribe] = which is due out in 2011. I've also been publishing a short story a month on the Tales of the Bridge Chronicles web site, though I'm probably going to miss a month with the flu, Christmas holidays and busy work time I've had lately.

message 3: by F.J. (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 8 comments I'm working on Book 3 of my Draconia series, entitled REHATCHING. Book 1: FORGING TRUST is already available around the internet in print and e-book. Hopefully, I'll be able to put Book 2: FRACTURED DREAM out there.

There series is about a world inhabited by dragons and a Human colony on that world. In REHATCHING, the main characters, Audwin (a Human) and Varthikes (a dragon), with the help of their allies, race to repair the peace between their kinds. In doing so, they build a new future for their mutual home.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey F.J. I'm writing a blog in which I review sci-fi. Would be happy to review your novel if you send me a copy (phyiscal or ebook, either way is fine). If you go to the blog at http://androiddreamer.blogspot.com ... I'll post the review on Goodreads, on my blog, and will tweet about it.

message 5: by F.J. (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 8 comments I'll do that. Thanks. :)

message 6: by Charles D (new)

Charles D Hartik (chalex) | 1 comments I'm working on the second book of my series, "Strander". Strander, a dystopian science fiction novel, volume 1, is now available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin Burks (robinburks) | 2 comments I'm working on finishing up the sequel to my first book, Zeus, Inc. But I also want to return to the sci fi trilogy that I started called "Book of Revelations."

Then there's a short story (so far) in the works tentatively titled "From Earth With Love."

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently working on the next book in my Talon's Epic series The Long Twilight. This is the fourth book in a five book series. I'm finally reaching parts in this book that I conceived nine years ago when I first created Jeremiah Talon's universe. I have to say I'm excited just to write it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I ended up scrapping my first attempt at the novel, but there were a lot of things I figured out from the first attempt that will help shape the next time through. A few characters will survive and minor concepts moving over to the new version but I have much better ideas for it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I've done that before. I wrote storm crossing in 1993 trash almost all of it and rewrote it 10 years later.

message 11: by Gary (new)

Gary Ballard (gary_ballard) | 3 comments I've done that as well. I've written three novels that have never gotten published. The second two will be rewritten and ended up being the setting for the four novels I've written and published over the last few years.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a believer that you should not throw away or delete anything. You might be able to use all or some of it in the future. (Yes I've made that mistake.)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't actually thrown it away but it won't be finished in the current state.

Right now working on a short story/novelette about an African-American man in a post-apocalyptic world walking from Chicago to Madison to see if his son, a college student there, has survived.

message 14: by A.K. (new)

A.K. (akbutler) | 9 comments This is a cool thread!

I'm currently writing a prequel to the novel I just published, The Burning of Cherry Hill. The prequel is called The Origin of the Tulip, but it's more literary than sci fi, it's the story of how the dystopian world in my novel came to be, but mostly it's a history of the characters.

I'm also mulling over the plots for a preapocalyptic dystopian called Numb and a young adult fantasy that's unnamed that takes liberties with the concept of time.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

A.k. Your stuff sounds very interesting. Is your first book published?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

It is, Charles-- I reviewed it on androiddreamer.com just a couple days ago.

message 17: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 3 comments At the moment, I'm working on a near-future cyberpunk book... I hope to really concentrate on it this next week and at least get the backbone done... that is, if I can get this fantasy story idea out of my head long enough.

message 18: by A.K. (new)

A.K. (akbutler) | 9 comments Cyberpunk has always fascinated me, it's a genre I don't understand so when it's done well it really holds my attention, I love things I don't understand, I love figuring things out. Steampunk is like that a bit for me too, though I've read more steampunk now so I have a better grasp on it. :)

message 19: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 3 comments A.K. wrote: "Cyberpunk has always fascinated me, it's a genre I don't understand so when it's done well it really holds my attention, I love things I don't understand, I love figuring things out."

It's not the easiest genre to write, which is part of why I am doing it in the near-future, so a lot of things won't have changed yet from where we are right now.

message 20: by F.J. (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 8 comments Continuing work on Draconia: Rehatching. Things are heating up for a final battle.

message 21: by James (new)

James Neilson | 2 comments Hi there,
I am working on two (maybe 3) short stories for the Canadian anthology Tesseracts; the one I like the best, I will submit.

message 22: by Gary (new)

Gary Ballard (gary_ballard) | 3 comments I've been hard at work on a new series of novellas called The Stepping Stone Cycle. They are modern day takes on the Cthulu Mythos. First Stone is the first novella, weighing in at about 30k words.

message 23: by F.J. (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 8 comments I recently finished Book 3 of my Draconia series. Now, I'm editing Book 2 and this one. Hopefully, I'll meet my goal of releasing both of them by October of this year.

Meanwhile, I'm getting to re-write a book that I initially wrote over 10 years ago.

message 24: by La (new)

La | 1 comments Hi F.J.
IT is great to hear about your book series.
How are things going since June?
I am close to finishing my si fi and ready to begin the editing process.
Laura

message 25: by James (new)

James Bisceglia | 1 comments Hello all. I'm new here and this is my first post. It would be wonderful if someone (anyone!!) would read and review my book which has just been released. I'm just beginning work on the second book of the Lost Sols trilogy.

Ancient Treasure is the first book of the Lost Sols trilogy. It was just released this week. Feedback is more then welcome. Thanks for taking a look!

Vincent Moretti and the crew of the Constellation explore why ancient astronauts were here, what they were doing, and what they were hiding. The journey will explore mysteries involving the pyramids, Atlantis, Roswell, Cydonia, and what really happened on Mars in the distant past. An oppressive government will stop at nothing to keep the crew from discovering the past, and keeping them from their future. A future which involves finding the alien species which has been visiting our solar system for ages.

http://jameskirkbisceglia.com

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 26: by F.J. (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 8 comments La wrote: "Hi F.J.
IT is great to hear about your book series.
How are things going since June?
I am close to finishing my si fi and ready to begin the editing process.
Laura"

Things are going a bit slower with Draconia than I'd like with beta readers and my cover artist. It seems I'm going to have to move back my launch dates, but they should still be out before the end of the year.

Work on my latest project has mainly been in the planning stages, but I've begun to write the first chapter.