Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

General Books Discussion > Series and Trilogies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
This is the place to share your favorite trilogies and series with us. Which did you love? Which did you hate?

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 173 comments trilogies - the thrill-ogyy

the first is Wish You Were Dead
the second is Blood On My Hands (i'm reading noww)
and the third - is still being witten =]

message 3: by Z. (new)

Z. (mizzfictionista) Same as chandloski for the likes, plus a few others. The Infernal Devices; Fallen; Hush, Hush; Alex Rider

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana My favorite series are:
The Hunger Games
Percy Jackson
Cat Royal
Dairy of a Wimpy Kid
The 39 Clues

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

Favorite series: harry potter, it's amazing in every way

Favorite trilogy: Chaos walking. yep, it's even better then the hunger games

Honorable mentions: a series of unfortunate events, the hunger games and inkheart

message 6: by Pandy (last edited Jun 28, 2011 09:39AM) (new)

Pandy | 185 comments Harry Potter is definitely my favorite series too. I also love A Song of Ice and Fire.

Favorite trilogies:
*His Dark Materials
*The Bartimaeus Trilogy
(I would say LotR, but I consider it one book.)

Didn't like:
*Mortal Instruments
*Inheritance Cycle

message 7: by ★ Jess (new)

I'm starting mortal instruments soon.

( if you want to contube MI disscussions, do so in the given thread.)

message 8: by ★ Jess (new)

I hated Mockingjay. Im still angry about it.

message 9: by Clementine (new)

Clementine (silentreverie) | 20 comments ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "I hated Mockingjay. Im still angry about it."

Me too. I don't hate it, but I am really really disappointed.

Oh well.

message 10: by Clementine (last edited Jan 01, 2011 05:10AM) (new)

Clementine (silentreverie) | 20 comments The Hunger Games (ugh mockingjay)
Inkheart trilogy

(^ trilogy)

and for series...
The A-list
Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Like them all. :)

Just not mockingjay. Not that much.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I loved mokingjay man! lol. Loads of people hate it, but why? lol

my two faves are the mortal instruments and the hunger games.

message 12: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments if you go to the mockingjay discussion, you'll see why and i won't have to retype everyone's reasons.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Lazy. :D

message 14: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Maybe, but it WOULD take forever. :)

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments True. I was kidding.

message 16: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments I know. With some people you can just tell when they're kidding, even on the interweb. :)

message 17: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments I can't tell if someone is being sincere or rude and sarcastic on the internet. It's kind of hard to when all you have to go by is the text they have written rather than tone of voice and expression.

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yeah, that's why I put the smiley face there. If you're really criticizing someone, you usually aren't smiling.

Glad to know I'm understandable.

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I didn't like it very much.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Trilogy-....umm cant think of any lol

Series- Harry Potter(duh), Percy Jackson, The Protector of the Small, The Immortals

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Love you Christina. :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

^ haha i guess you like the same things? :)

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments My list is almost identical.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! :)

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Favorite series: HP (it started the trend basically, right?), PJ (loooove), GONE series, Theatre Iluminata series (ongoing), Chaos Walking (heehee Jessica it IS better than the HG), Wondrous Strange, Looking Glass Wars

Pretty good/so-so: Twilight (when I read the series back in 2008 and it was only sorta-kinda-hysterically popular...it was good. I really enjoyed it. And I don't feel bad for enjoying it) and Mortal Instruments. With that series, it was good...but definitely not special or anything

Least favorite: Hunger Games. I LOOOVED the first book and pretty much enjoyed the second, but the third book was like on crack or something. Very weird. Katniss drove me crazy. Uggh. And Wicked Fugly and Tithe - I only read the first books in the series, and couldn't stand them, but they're still series books, so...
:D

message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I agree with you on Tithe. I HATED that book...and I almost NEVER hate books.

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lozz17) | 158 comments I love the Harry Potter, Twilight, Percy Jackson and the Tomorrow series.

message 28: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Northrop (chelserz) I just got done reading a really good romance book it came with three novels in it the book is called Daughters of texas by Annette Broadrick and it was very good so if you are in to romance books this book would be for you

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

What are the Tithe books about??

message 30: by Jay (new)

Jay | 96 comments Twilgiht, harry potter, lord of the rings, the wereling, house of night, monster blood tattoo just to name a few

message 31: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Christina wrote: "What are the Tithe books about??"

A girl who finds out she's a faerie.

message 32: by Kat (new)

Kat (katashtrophes) | 27 comments The Bartimaeus Trilogy. It is such an underrated trilogy and I absolutely love it. I remembered crying after I finished the last book and re-reading it for an hour because I don't want it to end. They're all witty and full of action, and the characters are all lovable as well.

Also Harry Potter. But I figured that's a major duh since I don't think anyone in this planet hasn't read it yet.

The Artemis Fowl series is also quite good, and they're funny and clever too. The only problem about them that I have was they're sci-fi, and the stories tend to be so technical and I have to re-read a paragraph to understand it completely.

Septimus Heap, well, I liked it well enough until Syren, when I realized that Jenna was a spoilt brat and I hate her as much as I (used to) hate Cho Chang.

I don't like the Saga of Darren Shan. I just don't like the writing style and I don't find Darren lovable enough.

message 33: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments She's a spoiled brat? NOOOOOO!!! I never got up to Syren. I stopped at one point, and never started again.

The thing with the technicalities in Artemis Fowl (which I would call fantasy) is that they don't really matter. If you just get the gist, you're fine. The technicalities are usually just there to confuse Holly/Root/Butler or show that Foaly/Artemis like to show off.

message 34: by Kat (new)

Kat (katashtrophes) | 27 comments Ah, I can never stop reading a series/trilogy if I already read one of them. Except for Darren Shan. I stopped at the Tunnels of Blood because I just don't find the appeal of those books.

I freaking hate Jenna. She was fine in Magyk and Flyte, though. Didn't notice her much in Physik (because I was too focus in Septimus and Marcellus Pye). In Queste, I found some of her attitude worthy of eye rolls, and in Syren, I just noticed that she's a brat :p

I still love Septimus Heap, however. Beetle's my favorite character and Nikko and Septimus himself. I just wished Sage would make the Heaps brothers more brotherly and loving to each other.

message 35: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I usually finish a series unless I really hate the first, or don't realize it's a series. During either Physik or Queste, I think Physik, I stopped. Don't ask why, I just did. It wasn't intentional; I put it down with all intention of picking it up again, and then it was due at the library and I never took it out again.

message 36: by Pandy (last edited Jan 19, 2011 03:04PM) (new)

Pandy | 185 comments I stopped reading the Septimus Heap books after Flyte. I don't really have a reason either. I picked up the next one, but I didn't get very far. It's not unusual for me not to finish a series, though.

Katasha, I absolutely love Bartimaeus too! I agree about the books being underrated - hardly anyone I know has read the trilogy. Have you read the other Bartimaeus book, The Ring of Solomon?

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) On SEPTIMUS HEAP - my cousin is convinced that Septimus and Jenna are going to end up together. But I haven't read the series - any of you picking up on that gist?

message 38: by Kat (new)

Kat (katashtrophes) | 27 comments @Amelia, Beetle fancied Jenna, though. And Septimus and Jenna were brother and sister in a way (though not by blood), so that'd be weird. But that's just me.

@Pandy ABSOLUTELY! The Bartimaeus Trilogy is an amazing trilogy. Haven't read the Ring of Solomon yet, since it's sold out here already and I have to wait until at least February to buy it :/

message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments At Katasha, I agree about Septimus and Jenna. They were siblings in the oddest of ways, so no.

message 40: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Yeah, Septimus and Jenna together? That would be awkward. When I read the first 2(?- maybe 3), I was thinking, "Aww! They'd be cute together!" But now that I'm waiting for the new one to come out, it's really gross. They're def. better as having a brother/sister relationship.

message 41: by Missme (new)

Missme | 50 comments Perfect Chemistry Trilogy(can't wait for the third one)
Cherub Series
Maximum Ride
The Eragon books

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Someone who's heard of Cherub! That's exciting.

My library doesn't have all of the books, and it's very upsetting. (They say they have The General, but I've been #2 on the hold list for about a year and a half, if not more, and if you search the site, there are no hits)

message 43: by Missme (new)

Missme | 50 comments You definately should get hold of a copy of The General. That is one of my favourites, although I think Class A was the best book in the series.

message 44: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments That one was good, although I don't get why they changed the name. (In the US, it's The Dealer.) I really want to read the General, and the rest of them, but there's no way my mom would buy it.

message 45: by Missme (new)

Missme | 50 comments Other good series are:
The Ranger's Apprentice
The Tomorrow series
Jimmy Coates
and Code Red

message 46: by Abhijith (new)

Abhijith Nuchin (nuchin) | 26 comments Series - Harry Potter(of course),Alex Rider, Artemis Fowl

Trilogies -The Bartimaeus Trilogy, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I am reading The Ranger's Apprentice series n I it was ok.
@ Katash-The Ring Of Solomon is AWESOME!

message 47: by ★ Jess (new)

AMAZING:
Harry Potter- The best collection of books. Ever.

Chaos Walking-The best *trilogy* ever. So unique and well written that its not even funny.

Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel-Wonderful. Though the fourth was just average, I gave the first three fourteen out of fifteen stars.

GOOD:
The Hunger Games-The first two were really good, but the third one is utter crap. (haha Amelia described it as 'on crack or something') XD

Mortal Instruments- A very, very fun read, though very overrated.

A Series of Unfortunate Events-Amazingly fun. Thirteen exciting, mysterious books.

Uglies-The first one was outstanding, the last two/three were just 'good'

Inkheart-wonderful, though the first was best.

BETWEEN GOOD AND BAD:
Twilight-Admittedly, the movies murdered the books for me.

message 48: by Rarietty (last edited Mar 08, 2011 01:58PM) (new)

Rarietty | 319 comments Percy Jackson-The movie was horrible, but I still adore it anyways. Very funny and filled with greek elements and action packed adventures.

Hunger Games-Very good if you don't mind violence (I do, but I tried to ignore it.) Action packed and one of the few sci-fi novels that I liked.

Harry Potter-Okay, not my favorite books. I told someone that I didn't really like them and they just looked at me like I was brain dead. I just found them boring.

message 49: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I wouldn't really call Hunger Games Sci-fi. More dystopian. Not that it matters, really.

message 50: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Yeah, HG is more dystopian.

« previous 1 3