Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > What did you discover/catch up on this year?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments This is a thread (cribbed from the AV club) for pop culture discoveries that you made this year that others might have made some time ago. What non-2010 movies, TV, books, etc did you finally get around to?

For me, the first thing that comes to my mind is all of the great TV series that I am finally watching. I've seen the first season of Mad Men, the Christopher Eccleston season of Doctor Who, the first two seasons of The Wire, and I'm partway through the first season of Torchwood. I'm loving all of them, so everyone who told me to watch was right. . No spoilers please!

In older books, I finally read the amazing Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey and the equally amazing Doomsday Book by Connie Willis. The latter had been on my list for years and years.

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I discovered Torchwood and the 2006 BBC presentation of "Robin Hood."

I enjoyed both.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments The Firefly series.

I think The Wire was this year too.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Glee. I'm all caught up. I started watching Castle, too, but I've got a ways to go.

message 5: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart You like Glee AND Taylor Swift? I'm starting to think RA is a 15-year-old girl in disguise.

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments Hey I love Glee too. Especially when Kurt Hummel gets a chance to sing.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Also, I know that Finn from Glee and Taylor Swift once dated.

http://popdynamite.com/wp-content/upl...

He looks way happier than her.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I think I'm still way behind on everything...

message 9: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments The only thing I can think of is Leverage. I was channel surfing and only stopped because one of the characters looked like David Foster Wallace. I mean, all he needed was the do rag. I've since watched three episodes. It's not rocking my world but it's okay. I just can't get DFW out of my head whenever I see Eliot.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) I discovered the show "Fatal Attraction" on Animal Planet--I mean, I knew it was there but I had sworn never to watch it since it seems the outcome for the animal in a human being-exotic pet relationship is usually bad. But I did watch it and I'm impressed with the strong anti-exotic pet message.

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Also, I know that Finn from Glee and Taylor Swift once dated.

http://popdynamite.com/wp-content/upl...

He looks way happie..."

Finn is so charming. I don't love his voice, however.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments My kids are addicted to the Science Channel, so I've started to watch some shows on that channel, too, same with Discovery. I now don't mind watching Mantracker and Mythbusters.

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments Mary wrote: "I discovered the show "Fatal Attraction" on Animal Planet--I mean, I knew it was there but I had sworn never to watch it since it seems the outcome for the animal in a human being-exotic pet relati..."

Mary, I love Animal Planet. I am completely addicted to Animal Cops, Detroit and Houston. I watch a full hour while I'm on the eliptical machine.

message 14: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver.

O..M..G.