~Opinions~ discussion

Preach Religion > This Folder *READ

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) This folder is for preaching your religion. This involves explaining why your religion is true and why you believe in it.

There will be said NO mean things about the preached religions, and there will be asked NO questions that could offend. There will be made NO statements against the religion.

This folder is not for debatting, it's for asking questions and learning about other cultures. If these rules are not withheld, a warning will be composed.

Thank you and enjoy!

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Wow, great going, Emma. So do we crate another discussion for our one or just say it here?

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) No, you create one for your belief. Like, you would create a topic for Islam, and then write how it is and why you believe in it. And then we can ask questions out of curiosity, but none of that: THIS CAN'T BE TRUE BECAUSE - blabber that belong to debates :)

message 4: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Oh ok. Well, I'm going to wait for someone else to make one. And we can ask questions like ;if this is this, then how can this be type of questions right? we can just not say ur rong..?

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah sure. I mean, questions out of curiosity is alright, but not those kinda questions that tries to prove that the religion is wrong.

And a folder for atheism would be cool too.

message 6: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yeah, why don't you just make four discussions: muslim, jews, christians and atheists? then people can just write in their "relegion" folder..

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Because I think it'd be better if the people who believe these things make the topics themselves. That way they'll start it of on their own note.

message 8: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) alright, cool. why aren't you starting one for ur beleifs

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Because I don't feel the need to tell the world what I believe, since I'm not quiet sure what I believe myself.

Why aren't you starting one for yours?

message 10: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Because I think I've already told everyone what I beleive and I don't feel like repeating myself. I will do when the time comes though..

can I just point out you used the wrong "quiet" :P lol, just saying ;)

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Right. I was in a hurry :)

Kay. I thought it was your duty as a muslim?

message 12: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeah, it is. But I have already said my bi here and I know no-one's ... like, it's not gonna change anyone. So now there's no point..

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) You haven't really. You've told us that you think yours is the right one and that you believe in it, and a few becauses. There hasn't been any huge explanations on what being a muslim means and why you choose to be a muslim and how you, deep in your heart, know that it's the right thing.

message 14: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yeah, I'm gonna do that when I'm really into it so I can properly explain.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Okay peeps, on your toes. Anyone want to tell us why their religion or non-religion is true and/or better than other religions/non-religions?

It would be great with a:

* Christianity
* Islam
* Judaism
* Atheism
* Whatever-else-ism

message 16: by Marianna (new)

Marianna | 66 comments ok! so i'm gonna go on and start one on ISlam.

Amina, won't you join me? =)

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Hehe, I think Amina is sleeping by now :) I should be sleeping by now.

message 18: by Marianna (new)

Marianna | 66 comments oh yeah. keep forgetting about time zones. here it's 9:45 pm.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Here it's... 3:44 Am.

message 20: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I'm usually not sleeping till 4 in the morning, just not allowed on the pc :P

And lmao at anythingelse-ism!

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) 6:10 PM in Denmark!

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah, no kidding. I'm about to have dinner, and I'm guessing you just had breakfast.

message 23: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
i plan to do a folder on Judaism. it might take me a bit of time to write up everything properly...

message 24: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) That's the reason I haven't done one on Islam... it takes a while to sum up the main commandments and write it in a concise manner.

message 25: by BD (new)

BD (bd-zainabhosain) Hey Amina...
maybe i could help you on that? :)

message 26: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Sure - but erm, I think we differ a little since your shia..

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) You can take one each. Islam - Sunni and Islam - Shia.

message 28: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Err, yeah, I guess

message 29: by BD (new)

BD (bd-zainabhosain) lol i knew that wud come up... but maybe its a good thing... itll help define the diffs hence the religeon as a whole