Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Titles don't appear

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura - Random Utopias (randomutopias) | 26 comments Okay, so I'm adding some books I have from António Menezes Cordeiro, which is a portuguese writer (social cience books). The "Tratado de Direito Civil Porutugês" has four tomes (i think this is the right name in english) so in front of each book I added (in portuguese) "(Tomo I)", "(Tomo II)",... The thing is: at least when I go to the profile, int the names of the books, does not appear that in front of the titles (however, if you go to J.K. Rowling you will see "Harry Potter and the Sorcere's Stone (Harry Potter #1)". Should I put "#1" instead of "tomo I"?

(I hope my english is alright and that you can understand what I'm saying.)

Here is the link to the author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

thanks*

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26624 comments Author pages are cached and can take some time for it to appear, could be as long as 24 - 48 hrs.

So just wait and see. If you look at the combine page you should be able to see it now.

message 3: by Laura - Random Utopias (last edited Dec 21, 2010 04:08PM) (new)

Laura - Random Utopias (randomutopias) | 26 comments Well, I will wait until tomorrow night, then. But I still don't see the "(Tomo I/II/III/IV)" sentence in the title. And I just noticed now that it's ncessary that sentence appears, because the Tomo I (tome) and IV both have the same name, except for the tome number itself. So right now I see two books with exactly the same name, but when I click on the book page I can see what is missing. But I will do as you say; you are probably right.

Thank you :)

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Actually, things in parentheses will not show up on the author page unless there is a number in the parentheses, so you should use #1 instead of I here. Or, you can use the new series method, which will create a new page which lists all of the volumes (tomes) in order: to do this, scroll to the bottom of the edit page for any one of the books and click on "add new series", then from the series page which opens use the "+ add books" search box to list all of the books in order. Then there will be a clickable series name which shows next to the title for all of those books.

Laura - Random Utopias (randomutopias) | 26 comments Cait: Thank you! I will try the new series method and see how it works.

Laura - Random Utopias (randomutopias) | 26 comments Okay, so just to "close" the issue, I did what you recommended, Cait, and it kinda worked. What I ended up doing was writing in the title "#1" and then add series and now it does appear. Anyway, problem solved. Thank you all for your help. :)