The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > A Big Hello, Everyone!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (thisoilfieldwife) | 134 comments Hello, everyone! I am Suzanne, a new member here to TNBBC. I am a 28 year old stay at home mother. I have a nine year old daughter, Bailey. I also have a seven, soon to be eight, year old son, Jacob. My husband, whom I have been with for going on eleven years, is the love of my life, Kevin. He works in the oilfield, and therefore is not at home on a regular basis. We have been in the oilfield for about six and a half years now.

We are from Texas, originally. But because of his job, we are now currently in Pennsylvania. I love it here! We've been here for just over a year now.

I love to cook, read, spend time with my family, and I look forward to getting some great recommendations and making some new friends here. Anything else that I forgot to add that you are curious about? Just ask me! Can't wait to get to know you all!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Hi Suzanne. Welcome to the group and thanks for the introduction. Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (thisoilfieldwife) | 134 comments Right now I am just reading a wide variety of authors, no one author is outnumbered by another. I used to be a really big fan of Dean Koontz, but over the past few years I feel like he is writing just to write and he has lost that edge that he used to have to his books, and I just don't enjoy many of his newer works. Everything else I have read, am reading, and have on my bookshelves is a wide variety.

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi Suzanne♥

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (thisoilfieldwife) | 134 comments Hello, Suzanne!

message 6: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Hi Suzanne! I am a stay at home mom too, although relatively new to the gig :)

We also just moved, from Phoenix to Northern Virginia. I really love it over here too! It's nice to have seasons again.

I look forward to seeing what you're reading!