Anne Stuart Fans discussion

Book Discussions and Chatting > Help! Shadow Dance missing pages!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Hi everyone, I have a catastrophe! I just started reading Shadow Dance, and my copy goes from page 92 to page 125!!!!!!

Does anyone have an e-copy, or a copy they can scan the pages for me and email?

Any help would be appreciate -- I'll order another copy online, but the last one took 2 1/2 months to get here.

Thanks ladies!

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 91 comments That sucks! I don't have the book. Did you contact the people you bought the book from and told them they sent you a book with missing pages?

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) That's my next step -- I was sitting on my couch reading the book and went into panic mode right before I posted the message, lol.

I'm not sure how successful I'll be -- it's used, from thriftbooks.com.

message 4: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 91 comments If it was used, then the pages probably came loose. And that sucks.

I hope someone is able to help you.

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful | 45 comments Oh how horrible. That happened to me with the last page of a Linda Howard once. Luckily someone on PBS was able to type it in for me.

I have Shadow Dance, but it's a paperback so I'm not sure how well it would scan. There used to be a copy at the library sale, but I think it's gone -- will check though.

message 6: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Thanks willaful!

Arch, this book is in excellent shape, the spine wasn't even cracked. I think it was a publishing snafu.

message 7: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 91 comments Tammy, maybe it was the publishing mistake.

message 8: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) That's what I'm thinking, Arch. It makes me wonder what the odds are that the next copy I get will be from the same lot and have the same problem.

message 9: by willaful (new)

willaful | 45 comments Publishers will often replace a messed-up book, but this one is so old, it's probably out of print.

Which edition do you have?

message 10: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) I have this one http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

first printing, September 1993.

message 11: by willaful (new)

willaful | 45 comments Same edition I have, and mine is okay. Either it was a fluke or they fixed subsequent editions.

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) willaful said: "...they fixed subsequent editions."

Here's hoping!

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 347 comments Mod
That's terrible, Tammy!

message 14: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Hi Danielle, I'm resigned now, but boy that sure is annoying. I was just settling in for an afternoon on the couch when I realized the booboo. Turned out ok, though - I read Night Fall, which was really good. :)

message 15: by TJ (new)

TJ | 15 comments Ok babe, I'm finished with mine and you know the pkg. I was sending you (but haven't got in the mail yet?) Well it is now opened and that book is stuffed inside. With Christmas, it may take a little longer to get to you but it won't be 2 1/2 months!

Ya know, your copy may just be worth something. Collectors LOVE those weird gliche books:D

message 16: by willaful (new)

willaful | 45 comments Yay! I checked the library sale today, but it wasn't there anymore.

message 17: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Tammy wrote: "Ok babe, I'm finished with mine and you know the pkg. I was sending you (but haven't got in the mail yet?) Well it is now opened and that book is stuffed inside. With Christmas, it may take a littl..."

Oh, me loves ya.