100 books in 2011 discussion

General > How this works

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 154 comments Mod
Create a topic under the b ooks you have read folder and name it after you i.e mine will be called Lisa. in this folder you can post books you have read as you read them and number them so you can keep track of progress. You can write as much or as little as you like on each book, a review or a rating out of five, whatever ou fancy we just want to have fun!

message 2: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 167 comments Mod
So, are we going to set a page length requirement, are we going to allow short stories?

message 3: by LaShonta (new)

LaShonta (punkin8779) | 28 comments So basically I would just make a folder with my name on it and then put the books I read in 2011 in that folder as well as my normal areas right?

message 4: by LaShonta (new)

LaShonta (punkin8779) | 28 comments LaShonta wrote: "So basically I would just make a folder with my name on it and then put the books I read in 2011 in that folder as well as my normal areas right?"

Nevermind, I just named it 100 in 2011 so I remember to put the book there. I hope that was ok.

message 5: by Chad James (new)

Chad James LaShonta wrote: "LaShonta wrote: "So basically I would just make a folder with my name on it and then put the books I read in 2011 in that folder as well as my normal areas right?"

Nevermind, I just named it 100 i..."

I did the same thing LaShonta!

message 6: by Angelique (new)

Hi Chad, welcome to the group. If you're having trouble I can create a thread for you too.

message 7: by Chad James (new)

Chad James Thanks Angelique, yes can you please make a thread for me as well, I haven't figured that out yet

message 8: by Angelique (new)

it's okay it me forever to figure it out too.

message 9: by readmuchrunfar (new)

readmuchrunfar Forgive me if this has already been answered elsewhere, but should I count books that I've already started, but finish in 2011? For instance, I am nearing the end of War and Peace, which as you can imagine I've been working on for a LONG time. Most of it will have been read in 2010, but as I expect to finish it in 2011, would it count toward the 100 for 2011?

message 10: by Angelique (new)

I think that's personal decision. I would consider it read in 2011 because that's when I finished it, but others would say go by when you read the majority of pages.

message 11: by J. Rosemary (last edited Jan 01, 2011 06:43PM) (new)

J. Rosemary Moss (jrosemarymoss) | 45 comments Can we count books we read for this challenge in other 2011 challenges as well? Or would that be cheating?

(I'm not sure if I have to read 100 books for 2011 or 136, including other challenges, lol.)

message 12: by Angelique (new)

Of course you can count it!

message 13: by J. Rosemary (new)

J. Rosemary Moss (jrosemarymoss) | 45 comments Phew! Thanks Angelique. :)

message 14: by Chad James (new)

Chad James So can we count anything we read this year and just number them 1 through however far we get? and where to we add these to our folders with our names on them?

message 15: by Angelique (new)

For your first question Chad, I believe you can count anything you read. We haven't yet decided whether we should make a page limit or not. But as it stands, I think we'll just leave it to the readers discretion again. If you think it should count towards the challenge, then list it. if not, then you can still post what you think about the book in your folder.

But I didn't understand you're last question, would you mind rephrasing it?

message 16: by Chad James (new)

Chad James Sure, I meant when we read the books, do we number them and add them to our folder that has our name(the one you made for me)?

message 17: by Angelique (new)

Yep, that's it! Nothing more complicated than that.

message 18: by Chad James (new)

Chad James Ok thanks a lot for answering my questions.

message 19: by Angelique (new)

Anytime, that's what I'm here for. ;)

message 20: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 154 comments Mod
Yeah about the page limit, I gave a guide of 200 pages but its a guide. I mean we are doing this challenge for ourselves so if you read a 80 page book in half an hour you may not wish to count it, however if you read a 180 page book you might. You choose what to include, its your lists ... if anyone has some chat ideas for a thread le me or Angel know and we can add some bits to the group

message 21: by Zainab (new)

Zainab | 2 comments This looks pretty sweet :)