100 books in 2011 discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 190 (190 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 154 comments Mod
Ok so hopefully alot of us know each other a little from last year but I also hope we will meet some new people and be able to share some good books with each other.

So I am Lisa, i am 24 and I live in the UK. I love reading all sorts of books expecially paranormal romance!

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleymabus) I'm Ashley, I am 23 and I live in Pennsylvania in the USA. I love reading all types of books. I really love YA fiction, Adult romance, some history, paranormal romance.

message 3: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 167 comments Mod
This is going to sound a bit repetitive, but I'm Angel and I like in Georgia in the US. I, too, love all sorts of books, but paranormal romance is my favorite.

message 4: by Misty (new)

Misty Vauble (mistyd107) I'm Misty, I'm in Texas. I read just about anything but I love Romantic suspense and legal thrillers the best

message 5: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Savoie (mrsavoie) | 233 comments Hey!!! You guys all know me!! In 2010 I got 100 books around July/August. Lets see If I can keep this up with going to College!!! <3

message 6: by Katoof (new)

I am up to 82 this year, just starting 83, so close but so far I think if im lucky i will read 90 books, I have read some amazing books and found som favourite authors this year

message 7: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Savoie (mrsavoie) | 233 comments keep on going!!! You can do it!!! XD only 17 more!!!

message 8: by Katoof (new)

17 in 2 busy weeks though... more than a book a day and i doubt i can do it but you never know

message 9: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Savoie (mrsavoie) | 233 comments hmmm...do you have a day off? or maybe you could just spend Christmas reading? (what I plan on doing)

message 10: by Ayu (new)

Ayu Yudha (ayu_yudha) hello, i'm Ayu from Indonesia.. up to now, i can only read 1 book/week. by joining this group i hope i can reach 100 books/year.. :)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) Lisa-isa Addicted 2 the night huntress books wrote: "I am up to 82 this year, just starting 83, so close but so far I think if im lucky i will read 90 books, I have read some amazing books and found som favourite authors this year"

Hey Lisa, you should try the barns & nobles nook site and get there free ebooks. Some are really short and you can read them in a couple of hours. Also you dont need an ereader to get them. You cant just download them to your computer and read from there. I hope this help you get closer to your 100 books.

message 12: by Jessica (BookRockGoddess) (last edited Dec 19, 2010 09:03AM) (new)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) Well for you that dont know me, my name is Jessica. I am 37 and I am a book addict. My goal was 100 books and I am currently over 150. I love all sorts of genra's but my favorite is Ya fantasy at the moment. I got hooked when my oldest daughter started high school and I wanted to read what she was so that I could stay connected. She is now almost 20 but I still love Ya but I also am a big romance buff and I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, the Riley Jenson books by Keri Author and so far everything by Jeanie Frost and Janet Evanovich. My favorite Ya authors are Cassandra Clare, J.K Rowling and Melissa De La Cruz. I love to do the challenges from the different groups because it keeps me on track and it helps me weed through my to be read books. I love book recommendations so if you have read a good one let me know and I will usely give it a try.

message 13: by Katoof (new)

jessica we have a very similar taste in books, some of my fav authors are Keri Arthur, J.R.Ward and Jeanine Frost!

message 14: by Traci (new)

Traci | 31 comments Im Traci, I live in Colorado. I have 2 kids(one boy one girl) I read 29 books from june to august on account of I broke my foot and couldnt get up. And I read 10 since then... Kids keep me really busy most of the time, but Im hoping Ill be able to squeeze more time for myself and my books in 2011. Which brought me to this site. I LOVE romance in any form... Paranormal is a fave. Vamps and I go way back but I started with the harlequin romance books in middle school. I created a list on here of what I intend to read so lets see how its goes! Im soooo excited to read them all! Nice to meet all of you!

message 15: by Angelique (new)

Welcome Traci, we're so glad to have you! You've come to the right place, because everyone here is more than willing to keep you motivated and to help you reach your goal!

message 16: by Emma (last edited Dec 20, 2010 01:58PM) (new)

Emma (emma_jane2) Hey, I'm new to this group, I took part in the 50 books in a year group in 2010, but it was too easy for me!

I'm Emma, I'm 17 and I live in the UK. I read every single day and my favourite genres are historical fiction and teen drama/angst. I'm so excited to join in with you all!

message 17: by Angelique (new)

Welcome to the group Emma, we're thrilled to have you! So you like historical fiction? That's great. What are some of your favorites?

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Redden (thelesbianbookworm) Hello Everyone, I'm Melissa. I am from Iowa. I love reading just about everything under the sun. I have been on a fantasy kick for a while now. My girlfriend has been having me read the cat who books which are actually not that bad.

message 19: by Angelique (new)

Hi Melissa, glad you joined us!

message 20: by Francie (new)

Francie (love_francie) Hi everyone! I'm Francie, 23 and currently living in Maryland, USA. I'm a Navy wife, and we're expecting to move sometime in July. I'm crazy about books and I own so many, that I'm hoping to read them sometime in 2011. I love to read a little of everything. But I mostly stick to mysteries, suspense, YA, and paranormal romance (YA paranormal romance as well). I can't wait to start listing books for 2011.

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_jane2) Thanks Angelique, my favourites are the Phillipa Gregory Tudor series and Libba Bray's beauty series.

message 22: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofiad) Hi, I'm new too. My name is Sofia and I'm an 18-years-old Swede. I love reading and always has, but I've never been a part of a challenge before so this'll be the first time. I read most kind of books and for the moment my favorite authors are Diana Gabaldon, Janet Evanovich, Kristin Cashore etc. Could make a long list of authors whose books I love... ;)Also, my English might not be the best since it isn't my maternal language, but I hope you'll be able to put up with it =)

message 23: by Karis (new)

Karis Jacobstein (yalitwit) I'm Karis. 34. Wife. Stay at home mom of three (Emma's 9, Sarah and Ben are 6). I live in suburban (purgatory) Atlanta, GA, USA. I love YA books, specifically dystopias and paranormal (although I'm getting rather sick of paranormal romances- they seem to be all the same lately). I started my 2010 100 Book Challenge on Shelfari in May and am currently on book #114. It probably won't be as easy in '11 as I think I'm going to go back to work (after 10 years!)...

message 24: by Angelique (last edited Dec 21, 2010 10:14AM) (new)

Hi Francie, glad you've joined us. Can't wait to see what books you get to this year!

Emma, I've never heard of those, but I might have to check them out. It's pathetic but I've read maybe 3 historical fictions in my entire life. Shame on me. Time to broaden my horizons. Would historical romance count? Just kidding ! ;P

Sofia, don't worry about it. You speak so well(we'll type really)! I've lived in the US all my life and I'm probably worse than you are.

Howdy Karis, I live in Henry county so I'm right close to you! I'm going back to school, so I too anticipate a drop in my reading. :(

message 25: by Katoof (new)

I am also doing a course this year so will struggle to find my reading time :S

message 26: by Angelique (new)

That's alright Lisa, we'll help each other.

message 27: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (booksdingle) | 4 comments Oooooh I just signed up to read 50 in 2011 and then saw this....hope I can do it as need to get rid of alot of books. I am 35 and from the U.K. - South Wales to be exact, I have 2 little boys and am an ex library assistant - I have recently found this site as was formerly on bookarmy.com but my book group moved here - 'easy peasy bookclub' - the site seems really good though not worked out how to use everything yet - hope to speak to some of you about books and other things...good luck with the challenge everyone!

message 28: by Katoof (new)

hey booksdingle, another UK person :) I live in swindon!
welcome to the group and hopefully you will meet lots of like-minded people on here!

message 29: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (booksdingle) | 4 comments Suppose I should also say I am happy to read most genres but not keen on horror, sci fi or romance - chick lit also not really my thing - and the books I read depends on my mood at the time of choosing. I tend not to read massively long books either 400 pages about my limit - At the moment I am reading a Jodi Picoult - Plain Truth - finding it really good the best of hers I have read, I like factual books too - sometimes need a break from a novel!

message 30: by Sofia (last edited Dec 22, 2010 12:52AM) (new)

Sofia (sofiad) Thanks =D But I have to think twice about everything I write in English, so unfortunately I might not be the most talkative person...

message 31: by Kate (new)

Kate I'm 32 and live in Massachusetts. I am fairly new to goodreads, and this is my first reading challenge here. I think 100 books won't be a problem, but in the past I haven't kept very close track of what I've read, so I'm very curious to see how many I really do read in 2011.

Generally I read contemporary literary fiction, but I like to challenge myself by going back and reading classics I didn't get to in the past. I would like to tackle War & Peace in 2011! Give me strength!

message 32: by J. Rosemary (new)

J. Rosemary Moss (jrosemarymoss) | 45 comments Hi all!

I'm new at Goodreads, so I didn't participate last year.
I read in a variety of genres: romance (usually LGBT), mystery, historical-fiction, suspense, thrillers . . . I'm hoping to add quite a few of each to my list!

message 33: by Angelique (new)

No worries Sofia, we'll love you anyway.

Welcome Kate and J. Rosemary! We're glad you joined us. Feel free to add some of your favorite books to our shelves, so others can give them a go.

message 34: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Hi I'm N.L. (or Nicole). I'm 29 and live Colorado. I've read 500+ books for the last two years. I primarily read paranormal and YA.

message 35: by J. Rosemary (last edited Dec 22, 2010 01:51PM) (new)

J. Rosemary Moss (jrosemarymoss) | 45 comments Thanks Angelique!

I just added two of my five-star books: Stieg Larsson's 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' (a murder mystery & thriller) and Josh Lanyon's 'The Ghost Who Wore Yellow Socks' (a murder mystery & M/M romance). Now I'm going to check out some of the other recs.

message 36: by Corrina (new)

Corrina | 3 comments Hi I'm Corrina... it looks like I'm the youngest of the bunch here- I'm 14. I live in southern California. I absolutely love to read! Unfortunately, I haven't had much time this year to do so. I'm hoping that these reading challenges will help me reach my goal of 100 books this next year. And yes, I am the stereotypical teenage reader. I love anything YA but mainly YA paranormal.

message 37: by Angelique (new)

Hi Nicole, I've seen how much you read I know already know you'll sweep the rest of us under the rug! I don't know how you read so much, but I applaud you! Welcome the group! Don't forget to create your thread, and add some books the Shelve.

Not Problem, J. Rosemary! those are great recs!

message 38: by Angelique (new)

Hey Corrina, welcome to the group. Don't worry, most of the adults here have the same tastes as you do, even me--but I'm not really an adult(at least that's what I keep telling myself), I'm just 21. And don't worry we'll nag and nag to keep you on track. To get started, create a thread for your reads, and go check out the January Challenge.

message 39: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 3 comments Hey Angelique, thank you for the invite this group seems like a lot of fun. I hope I can reach 100 books by the end of 2011. I don't really know how many I read last year so it would be kind of cool to have a place to keep track.
So anyway, I hope you are having a great holiday season. It's been a while since I chatted with you...looks like you have quite the to-read list as well so I understand why :O)

message 40: by Angela (new)

Angela Hi, I'm Angie from Indiana and I'm 35. I love to read just about any type of book, but paranormal romance is my favorite. I read about 5 books a week (I'm a quadriplegic so I have LOTS of free time) so can't wait to talk with ya'll about the books your reading.

message 41: by Angelique (last edited Dec 22, 2010 06:52PM) (new)

lol...I'm glad you joined Steven. You're my only friend on here who enjoys horror. Things have been crazy around here, and they're only going to get crazier. I took two extra classes next semester. Yuck!

Welcome Angie, we're thrilled you joined us. I love Paranormal Romance as well. I'm hooked.

message 42: by Bianca (new)

Bianca van Willigenburg (biancavw) Hi!
I'm Bianca and I live in the Netherlands. I like a lot of genres but at the moment I'm into both YA and supernatural/horror books, although I try to vary a bit so I won't get bored with one genre/series quickly. In the last 5-6 months I read 40 books so I might just make it.

message 43: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Hi, I'm Nicolle, I'm 17 and from England. I like most genres though because I only found out how AMAZING books are a few years ago I haven't read as much as I would've liked....but with this 100 book challenge that is all going to change!

message 44: by Angelique (new)

Hello Bianca and Nicolle, We're glad to have you both! Don't forget to create new threads for yourself so you can keep up with what you read this year. Also, check out the January Challenge and see if it interest you.

message 45: by Katoof (new)

Hi nicolle, where in england do yo live?

message 46: by Meg (new)

Meg Galbreath (oceangal1) | 8 comments Hi, Everybody!
My name is Meg and I am a Young Adult/Reference librarian in Springfield MA. I read A LOT, but I have never counted how many books I read a year. This should be very interesting. My fav genres are dystopias/sci fi, fantasy with a bit of romance.

message 47: by Angelique (new)

Welcome Meg, we're glad you joined us. Have you read Matched yet. It looks really good.

message 48: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Lisa-isa Addicted 2 the night huntress books wrote: "Hi nicolle, where in england do yo live?"

Lancashire what about you?

message 49: by Katoof (new)

swindon in wiltshire, I have friends that live near you though!!

message 50: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Where abouts?!?

« previous 1 3 4