Create Space Indie authors discussion

What are you working on?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Rainey (jennifer_rainey) | 2 comments I hope this is okay to post even though I'm not tecnically a mod or anything like that. I'm JRainey on the CreateSpace forums. I know this is a new group, and I hope the place takes off! :)

Anyway, I just thought it would be cool to make a thread where we could talk about what we're working as indie writers, at the moment. Whether you're busily promoting a novel right now or slaving away over your WIP, let us know here! Talk about your victories, your hardships and everything in between, and support your fellow writers. :)

message 2: by Teri (new)

Teri Dluznieski (horsewisevt) | 10 comments Mod
working on untangling amazon book pages. ugh!

working on "soldier to warrior" a guide for soldiers, combat stress and other trauma/post trauma situations, including stress reduction, affect of diet and nutrition, and the mental paradigm differences between hierarchical and lateral relationships military v civilian:)

also working on ( back burner).. kinesthetic meditation DVD, and YA book growing integrity.

also trying to finish laundry:)

message 3: by Faiz (new)

Faiz Kermani (faizk) | 1 comments I've self-published two children's books (my hobby) and have had reasonable success doing the promotion. While there are lots of clever promotion strategies (internet etc.), word of mouth is still really useful. If people get to know you they will also suggest things.

For my stuff, on the basis of a suggestion, talking to school teachers and using my book as part of their projects to encourage kids to read worked out well.

Local newspapers are really great too. If you drop the editors a line and tell them what you're up to they might be happy to give you some coverage. It's always helpful to give the journalists a nice snappy press release for starters (which you can write yourself even though many agencies say self-written ones don't work!) with some images so they can run those.

Have fun and don't let doubters get you down. For every person that says no someone else will help you out :)