Harry Potter discussion

Questions > Read it, loved it, now what?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike (metadog) | 1 comments I read Harry Potter, I loved all of the books... now what?? I have a hole in my life! I might need to wait a bit before I re-read. Any suggestions or recommendations on other decent, but clearly not as good, series or books?

Thanks!

message 2: by Lady (new)

Lady (bestnewfantasyseries) | 49 comments I've been told my series is a good 'next' to read..

www.lady-ellen.com

Cheers,
LE

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophiadorasmith) 1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians
2. Leven Thumps
3. Fablehaven

You've probably read these, but they're my favorite books ever! (after Harry Potter, of course.)

Sk8r Pieninja *Reborn* (sk8rpieninja) | 19 comments Percy Jackson and Fablehaven are really good, but AMAZINGLY AWESOME books to read are the Hunger Games series and Maximum Ride

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Divya *the pieninja/sk8r grl* wrote: "Percy Jackson and Fablehaven are really good, but AMAZINGLY AWESOME books to read are the Hunger Games series and Maximum Ride"

Yup!

I would recommend Percy Jackson and... um, RE-READING HARRY POTTER!!!!! :D

message 6: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) I recommend The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Dylan Scott.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Taneka wrote: "I recommend The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Dylan Scott."

Oooooh, I heard that it was really good!

message 8: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) The Narnia series maybe.. Lord of the rings.. I'll try and read different fantasy books.. ;]

message 9: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) Oh and there's another fantasy: Wheel of time :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 30, 2010 10:27PM) (new)

The Hunger Games series was really good and i also recommend the inheritance cycle by christopher paolini!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Emma wrote: "I recommend The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins. Those were great, although I was a little disappointed with Mockingjay...
Oh, and I plan on reading "The Mysterious Benedict Society" by Tren..."

I read part of the first of The Mysterious Benedict Society, and it was pretty good. I had to stop though, Battle of the Books. :p

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki G (emtp513) | 59 comments I'm waiting for her next book after 'Tales Of Beedle The Bard.'
Oh. And I'm re-reading the series. Again.

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Hardman | 53 comments My sister recommended The Looking Glass Wars.

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (katrose321) | 38 comments I have read the series 32 times... i am a little obsessed!! :)

message 15: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments I have only recently gotten into reading, being at a young age and all, the only ones I have gotten through were the Gone Series by Michael Grant and very shamefully, very very regretfully the Twilight series, I'm not saying its a bad story I just didn't like some of the ending.

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments I recommend The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices. Both are by Cassandra Clare and there both amazing! I also just read Born at Midnight and absolutely loved it.

message 17: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) Also, I have been told that The Septimus Heap Series was a really great series to read after Harry Potter. I am going to start on that after I am done with the books that I have on my nightstand.

message 18: by Christina (new)

Christina (regalladysnow) | 14 comments I recommend Cinda William's Heir Chronicles. Brilliantly written.

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 27, 2011 07:51AM) (new)

Taneka wrote: "Also, I have been told that The Septimus Heap Series was a really great series to read after Harry Potter. I am going to start on that after I am done with the books that I have on my nightstand."

The Septimus Heap books are great! I read them between HP releases :) I think there might be a new one that I havent gotten to yet so rereading that series may be next on my to do list

Also are Immortal Instraments any good? I heard there making a movie.

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments Christina wrote: "Taneka wrote: "Also, I have been told that The Septimus Heap Series was a really great series to read after Harry Potter. I am going to start on that after I am done with the books that I have on..."

They are amazing!!!! I LOVED them!! It's one of my favorite series. Along with the other series that she's writing.

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I would recommend the David Eddings series the Belgariad - it starts with Pawn of Prophecy, I read this series, before Harry Potter, the characters were funny and entertaining and I found it a lot less stuffy that Lord of the Rings. There are 5 books in this series and it is full of adventure and some magic.

message 22: by Yuseyz (new)

Yuseyz | 75 comments my favorite series now is sammy keyes but i guess it might seem kiddy to an older age group even though ive enjoyed it since 3rd grade till 8th grade and im still waiting for the next book.