SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > What Would You Like to See Around SOS in 2011?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments 2010 has been good to us! We've grown a lot since SOS' creation in May. But, numbers aren't what matters to us. Keeping our members happy and participating is.

If there's anything new you'd like to see around the group, please let us know. Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you for joining our group! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 151 comments Well, I don't have any suggestions so far, but I want to say how much I enjoy this group. Not only have I got a lot of interesting books on my wish-list, I'm enjoying myself immensely reading, posting, etc.
I hope this just goes on and on .... because I have such a great time.

message 3: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 612 comments Same here. I do not have any suggestions at this point but want say that I really enjoyed this group and all the challenges. Love it.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments Thanks so much, Karin and Wan. You've made my day! :D We are having a lot of fun too.

If you do have any suggestions, at anytime, don't hesitate to let us know. You can always send me a private message , if you don't want to critique us in public. ;)

message 5: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments It's my go to group now - friendly people and great books!

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23909 comments Glad to hear that Shelleyrae - we aim to please!!

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments :D Thanks, Shelleyrae.

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen  (yogamamareads) | 422 comments I'm new here, too. I'm enjoying my time here...and I'm a bit sad that I'll be back to work on Monday and won't have as much time to read and play. Love the challenges and games.

message 9: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23909 comments Excellent news that you like the challenges and games, Kristen, not so excellent that you'll have to go back to work. LOL.

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 468 comments I want mini challenges and long challenges. I like when there are themes for the challenges like the Look Who's 40 (music themed with sub categories.) I also like general book discussion and recommendations. You are doing everything right because this is my FAVORITE group.

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments Thanks, Kristen. The holiday breaks just never seem long enough. Great having you in the group. Thanks for joining in our challenges and games.

Your wish is our command, AV. We've got more challenges to come in 2011. We do our best to make them challenging, but a bit quirky and fun for everyone. Thanks so much for the compliment. We continue to try to improve.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with AV this is by far my most favorite group on GR. The Challenges are great and the people are friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work Ladies! I'm looking forward to all these new challenges everyone keeps talking about! Bring it on!! :0)

message 13: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23909 comments LOL. More Challenges than you can poke a stick at, coming right up!

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments Silly girls, they know not what they ask. ;D

message 15: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23909 comments hehehehe!!!!!

message 16: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) | 1603 comments Steph wrote: "Silly girls, they know not what they ask. ;D"

Lol! Hey Steph, they asked for it... ;)

message 17: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments And they are sure to get it. Soon!

message 18: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Soon is still not here....LOL...

I also love everyone here, and love the tips and funny comments, and more!
:D

message 19: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments Ditto, my dear! Soon will be here ... soon. LOL!

message 20: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments I shouldn't...I shouldn't...but you know I will!

message 21: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments LOL!

message 22: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments :D

message 23: by Miss (new)

Miss | 259 comments more team challenges, bingo was awesome. also, there should be FAC-like challenge for authors or series every month so that we could get to start a new series together, or just read the next one in the series and discuss it on the thread.

message 24: by Zaanodes (new)

Zaanodes | 804 comments Miss wrote: "there should be FAC-like challenge ..."

I checked the acronym thread...FAC???

message 25: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments That's probably "Featured-Author-Challenge"....everyone reads and rates how they like a book of that month's chosen author...

message 26: by Zaanodes (new)

Zaanodes | 804 comments Ah, thank you, Miss Judithe.

message 27: by Lisa M (last edited Feb 18, 2011 05:38PM) (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 171 comments Since you asked...I'd like to see more discussions about series. Recommendations, themes, best of, etc. Maybe you've been there, done that to death but there are plenty of us who are newbies who could use the help.

Was there a BEST OF: PNR thread?

Oops! Found it!

message 28: by Daffodil (last edited Feb 18, 2011 12:58PM) (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Maybe a Question of the Week/Month section? Over on RRRC, Yz will post Discussion Challenges and List challenges. I enjoy looking them over, when I remember to check in that is. On SOS, we've had a few discussions about 1st vs 3rd vs alternating 1st pov, e-books vs dtb, etc, but it might be interesting to focus in on content questions. We could even have a question suggestion thread for people to input what they are curious about.
Possible questions:
What character trait in the male lead immediately turns you off? Provide book examples if you have any.

What is your most recent DNF and why? If you're like me and have to finish a book no matter what, but may take forever to do it, what book have you currently been trying to read forever? What exactly is putting you off finishing the book?

message 29: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments All great suggestions! I've jotted them down and will be posting some new stuff soon. Thank you for all the input.

Maybe we can give featured series and/or authors a test-run and see how popular it is. Or maybe I can come up with some way to make it a new type of team challenge. I'll think on it and let ya know.

Don't forget: Everyone is welcome to create a thread in any folder at any time, if there's something specific you'd like to discuss. :)

message 30: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments I have an idea for a new team challenge. I'm excited about sharing my idea with everyone. But, I'll keep it hush-hush until after our second round of bingo. Don't anyone getting distracted. ;)

message 31: by Miss (new)

Miss | 259 comments Yay Steph, I'm already curious, but I'll be patient until after Bingo.:)

message 32: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments :D

message 33: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments I have a random game (not a team game just a normal one). It's kind of like catchphrase but with books. Actually no it's not really like catchphrase at all, but I do miss that programme. Yeah so it probably has an official name but I don't know it, maybe acronym puzzle? Basically one person starts with the beginning letters of a title for a book and the rest have to work out which it is. It may turn out to be ridiculously hard (although I like to think I was always ok at this when it was like 13IABD - 13 in a bakers dozen or 7WOTW - 7 wonders of the world).

So say

F-M-R

would be Full Moon Rising

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur

Obviously you'd stick to PNR/UF books which we'd all know.
Or the game will be a fail. It's up to you whether you want to try it or something :)

message 34: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments I'm game, Josie. Would you like to add it to our 'Fun & Games' section? Or, I can do it for you, if you'd rather.

message 35: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Fun! Though I'm TERRIBLE at those!

message 36: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments Ditto (on both!) :D

message 37: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Nah you can do it Steph, then if it goes horribly wrong you can take credit ;) JK, it'll be neater if you do it :)

message 38: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited May 28, 2011 12:17AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29199 comments LOL! Ok. :)

She's all done: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...
Pop over and get us started ;)