Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Two Different Editions the Same Page

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

kwesi 章英狮 (kwesifriends) | 14 comments I don't know where to post this problem.

While adding books just a while ago, I saw this problem with Sense and Sensibility, ISBN13: 9780140623277.

Photobucket

Everytime I click the yellow edition, the link will direct me to the below edition. I've tried it again and still it directs me to the other version.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26586 comments That is really strange Kwesi Ian Jay, I can't even find the yellow one in the editions list and all the stats are also exactly the same.

I recommend you post this in the GR Feedback Group's Bug Folder. The GR staff look there more often than here, but they won't look at it till next week, when they are back at work.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments I don't think it is a bug. That is an amazon result and it has the same 10 digit ISBN as the other edition that is showing. You can't add a duplicate ISBN to the site. You would probably have to enter it as an alternate cover edition.

message 4: by kwesi 章英狮 (last edited Dec 10, 2010 11:27PM) (new)

kwesi 章英狮 (kwesifriends) | 14 comments Thanks Sandra, I'm planning to send a message to the admins later today. Wish this thing will fix and hoping not to lose the yellow version of the book. Please don't call me with my whole first name, call me Kwesi for short.

I do believe with Deborah, If I can still remember, I was the one who added the book to the other book-networking site which owned by Amazon. Supposedly I was the one who make this problem harder for everyone. Haha. I'm planning to make an alternative cover after contacting the admins.

Thanks guys.