Diana Palmer Fans discussion

Books and Chatting > If You Could Change One (or More) Things About Diana Palmer Books....

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 141 comments Mod
What would it be? Or would you change anything?

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments I like the virgin heroine but I would like the heroines to be a little more knowledgable about the real world and a little bit more confident in herself.

message 3: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Some of the banter between the hero and heroine can be dated and a bit corny by today's standards.
Overall, I must like what she does as I've read almost all her books and continue to have her as an auto-buy author.

message 4: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) That is so true about the banter!

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments Her heroes are jerks, the heroines are wimps but I just HAVE to buy her books!!!

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (last edited Dec 10, 2010 07:56AM) (new)

Debbie, I like the virgin heroines, but I prefer a more experienced in the world type of heroine who might be a virgin. I like that they are sweet and kind. I would never change that. I wouldn't mind them being more educated and cultured. Tira from Beloved was along those lines.

Melanie, I think that DP must live in an environment that is more along those lines. I'm not sure why she hasn't changed that about her books.

Here is my list:

Heroes not so hairy
Less of an age difference b/w hero and heroine
I'm glad that her heroes don't smoke anymore like that used to in the 80s.

message 7: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Oh my word, Danielle.....they always have mounds of chest hair!! I totally agree with that one. And the smoking thing is just nasty.

Yeah, I think her heroes are sexy other than those things!

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments That's what I would like to see too.

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Debbie, I like the virgin heroes, but I prefer a more experienced in the world type of heroine who might be a virgin. I like that they are sweet and kind. I would never change that.

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (la_amy) | 1 comments more more more and more often... :)

I like that, Amy. :)

message 12: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Dec 18, 2011 11:49AM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 12 comments I would have never had J.B. kiss Bella like that on the sofa. Just have her walk in on them together ABOUT to kiss or Bella's stripping but J.B. is fully clothed or something. That really hurt to read.

Book: Heartbreaker (Long, Tall Texans)

message 13: by Le (new)

Le | 10 comments Why are the males jerks? And why do the females just forgive so easily?

message 14: by Nicky (new)

Nicky | 19 comments Personally thats what I love about DP, the jerky males. SOme of my least favorites are because the Hs werent jerks (Im thinking Tough to Tame- although this one was on the verge of being good to me- The Maverick)

If I could change one thing about them Id change the whole gaming aspect thats been in the past couple of books.

message 15: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) That has been an annoying trend in recent books.

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments The jerky hero is something I have an addiction to and Diana Palmer writes them best in my opinion.

Nicky wrote: "Personally thats what I love about DP, the jerky males. SOme of my least favorites are because the Hs werent jerks (Im thinking Tough to Tame- although this one was on the verge of being good to me..."

message 17: by Le (new)

Le | 10 comments I'm not saying I don't like the jerkiness, but do all the females, well most, have to just forget so easily. Why not make the man work a little bit?

message 18: by Luisa (new)

Luisa Rivas (lmrivas) Two things I don't like in DP's books: the guys that smoke all the time and everywhere, including inside the house, argh!!! The other thing is that in the latest books, there is a very complicated plot about the criminals and their families and what they did to whom and when and it is so complicated that I lost the thread. You need to take notes to keep track!! And the romance lost focus because of the criminal stuff. This happened specially in True Blue.

message 19: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Luisa, I so totally agree with you!! I don't read DP for suspense, I read her for the love story.

message 20: by Astraycat (new)

Astraycat | 33 comments Le, totally agree with you! Most heroes were just so . . . ugh . . ., some of them even humiliated heroines again and again, I could only say most heroines were saints to forgive them so soon! However, I still addicted to DP's books no matter how irritated I was due to heroes' irrational behaviors.

message 21: by Simona (new)

Simona (simonaw) | 2 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "Debbie, I like the virgin heroines, but I prefer a more experienced in the world type of heroine who might be a virgin. I like that they are sweet and kind. I would never change that. I wouldn't mi..."

Throughout Goodreads one constant criticism of DP has been hairy, much older jerk heroes. Too long I have held myself back from commenting that I love all those things. I think each of them actually serve a purpose in her books - hairy chest is always used to showcase growing intimacy without full blown lovemaking, heroes are always reluctant to act on their feelings because of the age difference, thus creating angst and making them act like jerks.

I like these things because they are unique to her and actually anchor my reading world. She was one of the first romance authors I read and maybe she imprinted on me.

I have other authors who don't have hairy heroes or don't mention anything about hair. Authors who keep age-difference small and realistic. I read them and enjoy them. But when I read DP, most of the things Goodreads hate about it is what I expect, want and enjoy the most.

Sorry for offending anyone. Just couldn't hold it back today for some reason.

You are welcome to share your opinions, Simona. No worries.