Writers Unite discussion

Stuck? > H-E-L-P. Help. Please? o_O

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been having issues with one of the characters in my comic book, Our Heroes are Over With. His name is currently Finn. He started out as a Wesley before he became a Tristan then a Tristram and is now well, Finn.

I created a list of names and could use opinions along with suggestions, please.

The character, he's quirky, depressed, he needs a softer name, there's something almost boyish and naive about him. He has dark hair, one green eye and one blue eye and I imagine him looking similar to that of Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Name List:
Finn
Flynn
Quinton (Quinn)
Gale
Gale Quinton
Fritz
Tristram
Bane
Odin
Gordon

message 2: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) i think finn is perfectly fine but im scared now....i'm currently reading a series called the blackdagger brotherhood and there's a character with dark hair, one green eye and one blue eye and guess what his name is: quinn. so i'd stay away from that just because a lot of people might recognize that resemblance. and another thing, there is also a character in the BDB series named fritz....coincidence? but seriously, what's wrong with Finn? i like Finn

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I've never heard of that series and thanks for the suggestions. These are actually names from the Top 1000 in the 1940's. Except for Finn and Flynn those names became popular in the 2000's

I don't like Finn because he starts out like a Finn but later, the name doesn't fit him at all. It's odd.

Thanks again.

message 4: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) understood. well my vote would be Odin because it sounds unusual. but then if you're going for the Americanized name set apart from his homeland i'd go for Gale.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Odin is my favorite name. XD I'm obsessed with Norse Mythology.

I'm thinking I might go with Gale actually. I like the Americanized idea. I mean even Tristram is the American/English version of Tristan.

message 6: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) cool-ee-o. seems we'e on the same page with those names eh? hahaha

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup haha. I'm gonna run the name with my friend who's illustrating the comic when I get the chance.

message 8: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) o nice. you've got an illustrator? awesome. hope i get to see the comic in that fashion one of these days

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. This project really started out with us just sitting there one day, reading comics and just going, we should make our own. And. . .here we are. I have two finished issues. Well, I need to edit the second one again. Soon she'll start working on the artwork. I'm excited.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

gale sounds good. but yeah, i agree: finn sounds fine! otherwise gale ... maybe flynn too! :D i love names.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm actually tied between Remy and Joss now. None of these names worked when I tried to write.

Thanks so much though!