College Students! discussion

Group Info and Updates > Want to be a part of the Broke and the Bookish?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
We've recently had some people, due to school and work, need to stop contributing to the blog so I'm looking to add one more contributor.

I'm looking for someone who can contribute 2-3 reviews a month They don't have to be all reviews..can be bookish topics, author interviews, etc...we can talk more about that.

Since I'm only looking for one person, I'm going to have everybody interested send me a message with:

- a sentence or two about yourself
- the genres you read
- list of 5 favorite books
- a link to 2 or 3 reviews you have written on Goodreads or elsewhere.

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wilkerson (misslaurenwilk) | 425 comments Hey Jamie! I was just wondering if you found anyone.

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I was keeping "submissions" open a little longer for when people got out of school and then we are going to review and vote. I'll keep you updated.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (crazylilcuban) How much longer will you be keeping submissions open?

message 5: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I was planning on closing them at the end of this coming week and then we'll (the people writing on the blog) will cast an anonymous vote so that hopefully the person could joining up in mid-January or the end of January.

message 6: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) I want to apply! I am currently looking for an apartment in Budapest, though, and I don't know when I will have the chance to write you. xD Please reserve me a spot in your inbox please <3

message 7: by Dorcas (new)

Dorcas | 1 comments Jamie wrote: "I was keeping "submissions" open a little longer for when people got out of school and then we are going to review and vote. I'll keep you updated."

Please can you tell me if it is a payed work. Sorry, I am new to this club--I do not intend to be rude.

message 8: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Dorcas--Nope, not paid at all. Just a blog that we write as a hobby.

message 9: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

We are not accepting submissions. The blog members are voting all this week on who will be our new addition. Thanks for all the submissions!

message 10: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Hey everyone--thank you to everybody who sent me a message about this! You have NO idea what a tough decision it was. We all had THE hardest time casting an actual vote as we all had multiple people we thought would fit. The vote even came down so close!

Our new contributor will be...HEATHER!

I will keep all your messages in the event we are looking for a new contributor for the blog! You all have first dibs because you are all incredible.

message 11: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Congrats Heather :D

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (andshewontsleep) | 278 comments ♥Xeni♥ wrote: "Congrats Heather :D"

Thanks! I'm very excited :)