Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Weird imports

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments I've been noticing some new books that I think are importing funny. Here's an example:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98...
The cover is very tiny, the descriptions are mangled, and there's no info on publisher, type of book, etc. The source data doesn't show up either. Most of the time I am able to refresh and override with amazon data, but not always. Is this from a new data source? If not, is there a problem with some imports?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45034 comments Mod
No source listed almost always means added by a user who has since deleted their profile.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments But there's like, a ton. That's the weird part. And they keep coming (i'm seeing them on the goodreads.com/book/list).

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Huh.

message 5: by Louise (new)

Louise | 34 comments Hi folks, we're testing a new data partner. Stay tuned for an announcement.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments Ahh, thanks Louise. Should I continue to override the data so it's correct?

message 7: by Louise (new)

Louise | 34 comments Hi Jessica, to save from doing extra work, you can ignore it for now. I may just go thru and delete all the books that were added with incorrect data. Thanks for looking out for this!

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments Thanks for letting us know Louise! I'll save myself the trouble.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

BTW, Jessica, I love that we have librarians who check that list to see what books are being added! :)

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments Oh I love that list! Makes being a librarian so much easier!