Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Zombies Vs. Unicorns
This topic is about Zombies Vs. Unicorns
Zombies vs. Unicorns > "Inoculata" by Scott Westerfeld

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Did you enjoy the story? What did you think of the ending? Did you want more?

Christie | 37 comments I feel that this was a great fragment of a story. Yes I would love to hear more. The story left me thinking did the Zee leave the wire and stop their obsession with humans or are there still some out there? And what will happen when the car stops are the zees just going to watch the four half zombies till they get to a new town? I guess I felt the story built up and was great but then it just stopped.

message 3: by Emma Rose Ribbons (last edited Dec 19, 2010 12:24PM) (new)

Emma Rose Ribbons (emmaroseribbons) I thought that was brilliant. I'm actually reading the stories out of order and picking the authors I like best first and Scott's story was the second one I read. It reminded me of Peeps by the same author, which I loved. I do want more of it, I thought the world-building was fascinating and I grew very fond of the characters, especially the narrator's voice, she's so sharp and witty.
The ending is the thing that reminded me the most of Peeps. I don't want to spoil the ending of this novel but it's a tiny twist and it opens a lot of doors as well. I loved that the zees' reason for chasing humans was because they were bored, very nice explanation :)

message 4: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Wow this one barely got any discussion going~~

Didn't really like this one. I thought the kids decision to leave really put the other people in jeopardy. This story was left WAY too up in the air. There was no closure what-so-ever. I did feel bad for the people... they were damned if they stayed and damned if they left.