The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

CONTEST ENTRIES > LOGO CONTEST (for Spring 2011)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18112 comments Mod
This is the thread for the logo design contest. Each season group members will have the opportunity to design a new logo that will represent the group during the duration of the following challenge.

Pictures and anything used to create the logo should be original material (i.e. no copyrighted images). Include links in your post to resources modified for elements of your design.

You can post a picture directly in this thread or provide a link to the image. The logo should reflect in someway the season, bonus theme or purpose of the group.

This thread will be opened for submissions on DEC 1 2010 and it will close at Midnight EST on FEB 20 2011 - voting will start the next day and run until the end of the day on FEB 28th. The winning submission will replace the current logo on DEC 1st. Good Luck To Everyone!!

message 2: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Holmes | 54 comments had my first try at designing a logo which was a lot of fun but finding it impossible to post it on the tread here. Any suggestions how to post a photo?

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

There's a way that might help under General Help How to add a photo

You can also get the code to insert by using photobucket or another photo hosting site

Hope it works!

message 4: by Sheila (last edited Feb 16, 2011 01:11AM) (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments Spring 2011 Logo

I designed this original design with my Electric Quilt Designing software.

message 5: by Dee (last edited Feb 16, 2011 02:06AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7851 comments http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2...

trying to insert the image, but it doesn't like me (according to my computer) - but the above link is to my profile

the pic is a non-copyrighted image of australia with some text

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Here's Delicious Dee's entry

Photobucket

message 7: by Inez (new)

Inez Ok hope this works first time doing this. if you can not see picture please let me know.

Thanks Inez

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/129...

message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Here's Inez's entry

Photobucket

message 9: by Inez (new)

Inez Thank you for posting this for me.

message 10: by Dionisia (last edited Feb 16, 2011 09:24AM) (new)

Dionisia (therabidreader) | 436 comments Here is my entry:

Dot and the Kangaroo

The image is public domain. I thought it would be a nice fit with the upcoming theme. The illustration is from an Australian children's book called Dot and the Kangaroo by Ethel C. Pedley.

message 11: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments oooh, dionisia, i love that one! i used to watch a cartoon they made out of that book...my bf's and i still talk about it to this day! :)

message 12: by Dionisia (new)

Dionisia (therabidreader) | 436 comments Thanks kiki, glad you like it! It's my first time submitting a possible logo.

message 13: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 143 comments Thanks to everyone who contributed these great logo designs. It's fun to have to vote for our favorite - but difficult to decide!

message 14: by Izzy (last edited Feb 18, 2011 10:53AM) (new)

Izzy Holmes | 54 comments thanks for your help to post this logo
I think this is the link to the photo.

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/129...

message 15: by Dlmrose (new)

Here's Izzy's entry
Photobucket

message 16: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments oooh pretty. :)

message 17: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Holmes | 54 comments thanks glad you like it its my first go at using one of my photos of my favourite flowers into a logo great fun.

message 18: by Dionisia (new)

Dionisia (therabidreader) | 436 comments Wow! What kind of flower is that?

message 19: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Holmes | 54 comments Hi its an aqualegia I've got a bit of an obsession with them keep adding new ones from flower shows to my garden

message 20: by Mrs.soule (new)

Mrs.soule (mrssoule) My entry:

description

All images are edits from MS ClipArt.

message 21: by Lisa P (last edited Feb 20, 2011 05:36PM) (new)

Lisa P | 67 comments This is my first try at posting an image...hope it works!

description

This is a picture taken in my backyard. My husband just asked me if that was a real butterfly LOL.