Atomic Fez Publishing discussion

Atomic Fez Author Interviews > An interview with John Travis, author of The Terror and the Tortoiseshell

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth, Marketing Maven (new)

Ruth Seeley (ruthseeley) | 23 comments Mod
Tea or coffee?
Ah, tricky... but if a gun was put to my head I'd have to say tea.

City mouse or country mouse?
Does this mean which I prefer, or would I rather live in town or country? In both cases, country.

Wine or beer?
If Guinness and Caffreys are classed as beers, then beer.

Jazz or blues?
Jazz. Like some blues though. Leadbelly. Hound Dog Taylor. Funny blues. Not that Leadbelly was funny that often.

Cats or dogs?
It's tea and coffee all over again.... But having only ever kept dogs I'll say dogs. Cats are prone to snootiness.

How do you feel about snails?
I like the fact that they have shells. This means that unlike slugs they cannot somehow get into our house and leave their trails all over the lino.

How old were you when you got your first library card?
Not sure. Say ten.

What's the first book you remember reading on your own?
On my own... maybe the first Adrian Mole book... or a book about The Beatles called Shout.

What's the book you've reread most often (and why do you keep rereading it)?
Dracula. I've read this three times. It's a bloody good story, and I like tales told in epistolary form.

Who's the author/what's the book/to whom/with which you'd most like The Terror and the Tortoiseshell to be compared?
I'd love to say nobody, but there's elements of the hard-boiled detective style in it, plus a bit of sci-fi and horror. Some laughs too, hopefully.

What's the one thing you'd like to say to say to someone reading The Terror and the Tortoiseshell?
Hope you enjoy it, because there's more where that came from!

Why do you write?
I'm guessing this requires a serious answer. The following is serious, but not in a highbrow kind of way: I write because I've tried not writing and it makes me miserable.

unread topics | mark unread