Every Little Thing discussion

Debate > Problems

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christa (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
If you are like me you love school but it might be not liking you so much. This is where I think we can help eachother.
If you have a problem you need help with post it and the group will do their best to help you.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, well i have been getting bad grades since i was in the 6th grade. now im in 10th. So this isnt working so well anymore. Im not really sure how to break the habbit of not doing hw, i mean it seems like it would be easy but it hasnt been. && my stepmom cries all the time. Like she does everything for me and I cant even get good grades, though its not about her. Grades dont matter to me, im sorry but what other people determine about me is only their opinion. I dont care what they think. its my life. but I do want to get better because of some recent findings in life & in myself....... any advice??

message 3: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Maybe you could get a tutor. I'm not saying that you NEED a tutor, just that maybe someone could be a task tutor. Someone who sits with you to do hw. I never liked doing some hw alone. Maybe that would help?

Read for your future! (readforyourfuture) I flunked out of nursing school the first semester and had to start over. BUT i had an instructor teach me how to study, I used flashcards and went to the teachers for extra credit. I also learned how to take tests better. Process of elimnation. I also started taking notes. I quit highschool because i stunk at it. I was never a good studrnt. Talk to your teachers. DO it for you.

message 5: by Christa (new)

Lora wrote: "I flunked out of nursing school the first semester and had to start over. BUT i had an instructor teach me how to study, I used flashcards and went to the teachers for extra credit. I also learned..."

are you in nursing school now? How do you do it? this is my first semseter and I am just. . .the room is spinning is a nice way to put it. Do you understand how to do nurses notes? HElp me!?!?!?! please?

message 6: by Christa (new)

Kenise wrote: "Okay, well i have been getting bad grades since i was in the 6th grade. now im in 10th. So this isnt working so well anymore. Im not really sure how to break the habbit of not doing hw, i mean it s..."

The only way to do get better at doing your hw is to do it. I was *am* the same way at times. It is kind of like you have to trick yourself into doing it. Or do a work and reward process. It is weird but the positive reinforcment helps.
I wish it didn't matter what others think about you when it comes to school and grades but the sad truth is that it does matter, buckle down and do the work now because it doesn't get easier. I'm don't like telling people this but it doesn't get easy once you get out of high school. =(
Find a different way to study. Sleep with a recorder playing notes, type them up. Those sare a few different things.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanx you guys that was helpful. I'm going to look into those things. I dont know about a tutor because I dont think i would have time cuz i have to watch my sisters a lot, but my sister re-writes her notes that might help me too.:) I'm glad to have u guys to talk to about things like this. you know parents they dont listen, my sisters are younger than me so they arent interseted, and I dont have very many friends at school, so again thank you.