Q&A with Stephen Goldin discussion

Agents of ISIS: a space opera series

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 57 comments Mod
The Agents of ISIS space opera decalogy grew out of the old "Family d'Alembert" series I wrote several decades ago, and how I came to write the new one is a long story I'll go into it if anyone's interested. (That's what the Q&A part of this group is about, right?) If you like your science fiction with an action twist, I hope you'll give these books a try. They're available in both paperback and ebook formats.

Tsar Wars (Agents of ISIS,#1) by Stephen Goldin Treacherous Moon (Agents of ISIS,#2) by Stephen Goldin Robot Mountain (Agents of ISIS,#3) by Stephen Goldin Sanctuary Planet (Agents of ISIS,#4) by Stephen Goldin Stellar Revolution (Agents of ISIS,#5) by Stephen Goldin

Purgatory Plot (Agents of ISIS,#6) by Stephen Goldin Traitors' World (Agents of ISIS,#7) by Stephen Goldin Counterfeit Stars (Agents of ISIS,#8) by Stephen Goldin Outworld Invaders (Agents of ISIS,#9) by Stephen Goldin Galactic Collapse (Agents of ISIS,#10) by Stephen Goldin

message 2: by Cerena (new)

Cerena Brown | 9 comments sounds good

message 3: by Stephen (new)

It's certainly a change of pace from Faulkner!

message 4: by Cerena (new)

Cerena Brown | 9 comments Wow

message 5: by Stephen (new)

For a limited time only, Tsar Wars (Book 1 of the Agents of ISIS series) is now free in its ebook edition. If you enjoy space opera adventure, this is the perfect chance to sample the first great space opera dacalogy of the twenty-first century and find out what it's all about.

I've also taken this opportunity to change the covers on the ebook editions. I think the new ones are way cooler than the last set.

More exciting news coming up in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

message 6: by Cerena (new)

Cerena Brown | 9 comments hello

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) Stephen wrote: "It's certainly a change of pace from Faulkner!"

That it is. I keep looking at that Faulkner book and willing my hand to pick it up and then I pick up the Nook instead.

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Kelly wrote: "Stephen wrote: "It's certainly a change of pace from Faulkner!"

That it is. I keep looking at that Faulkner book and willing my hand to pick it up and then I pick up the Nook instead."

I know just what you mean. I have a terrible(?) tendency to avoid reading books that are supposed to be "good for me" in favor of those that are just plain fun.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) I know. I want to have read them but I don't necessarily want to read them. But often I find they are amazing (like To Kill a Mockingbird).

message 10: by Stephen (new)

That one doesn't strike me as pretentious, as many of the "good for you" books tend to be.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Cotterill (rachelcotterill) I downloaded the free ebook of Tsar Wars, and can definitely recommend it as a good read - fast-paced action and reasonably light-hearted considering the number of times the characters come in fear of their lives :) I'll put the others on my reading list.

message 12: by Stephen (new)

Could I ask a favor of you, Rachel? Could you post a review on the site where you downloaded it? (Smashwords, I presume.) Nothing phony, just basically what you said here. Every little bit of good PR helps.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Cotterill (rachelcotterill) Stephen wrote: "Could I ask a favor of you, Rachel? Could you post a review on the site where you downloaded it? (Smashwords, I presume.) Nothing phony, just basically what you said here. Every little bit of good ..."

Of course, with pleasure. Since I've been begging my early readers to put reviews on Amazon or on here, I know exactly where you're coming from! :)

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Cotterill (rachelcotterill) Smashwords review posted!

message 15: by Stephen (new)

Thank you so much. That's wonderful.

message 16: by Stephen (last edited Feb 18, 2011 07:36PM) (new)

Tsar Wars (Agents of ISIS,#1) by Stephen Goldin Book 1 of my Agents of ISIS space opera decalogy, is currently being featured on Holly Hooks's Bargain eBooks blog. The blog includes a rave review from a Smashwords reader (and no, I didn't write it myself).

For a limited time only, Tsar Wars is available as a free ebook download in multiple ebook formats from Smashwords to introduce readers to the series. Because Kindle Digital Publishing doesn't have the "free" option, you have to pay $.99 if you want to buy the Kindle version from Amazon--but it's still well worth the price. It's an inexpensive way to learn about this exciting new series of science fiction adventure books.

(The books are also available in paperback format from Parsina Press if you don't want to read them electronically. There's a $2.00-off coupon if you buy the books through this site.)

message 17: by Stephen (new)

The ebook editions of the Agents of ISIS books have now been permanently reduced in price by $2.00 apiece (except for Book #1, Tsar Wars, which is already at a special promotional price). The new lower prices are currently in place at Smashwords; it may take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks for the lower prices to take effect at other retailers. Now is a great time to catch up on the excitement of this space opera series.

Prices of the paperback editions will remain the same.

message 18: by Stephen (new)

The special $0.99 promotional ebook price on Tsar Wars (Agents of ISIS,#1) by Stephen Goldin ends May 31. Anyone needing further incentive to pick up a copy might check out this recent review on Amazon.