Darkest Powers by Kelly Armstrong discussion

Simon or Derek?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jori (new)

Jori | 14 comments Mod
Would you rather have Chloe be with Simon or Derek?

message 2: by Isabell (new)

Isabell | 1 comments DEREK DEREK DEREK is wonderfull,i love Derek <3

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Derek!

message 4: by Awo (new)

Awo  (awosbooks) | 2 comments I agree ... DEREK DEREK DEREK! I love him, he's probably the first character that, despite the fact that he isn't described as physically attractive or gorgeous, I've still fallen head over heels for him.

message 5: by Jori (new)

Jori | 14 comments Mod
Yeah, same here!

message 6: by Saturnus (new)

Saturnus | 6 comments i cant see simon and chloe together, im soo team derek <33

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Derek, because even though he isn't like the most attractive person in the world he's still sweet and protective in the good way :)

message 8: by Saturnus (new)

Saturnus | 6 comments derek is so sweet!!!ifChloe should dump him iwant his phone nummer<333

message 9: by Camille (new)

Camille Cheng (camillecheng) | 3 comments Derek all the way! :)

message 10: by Thomara (new)

Thomara Briscoe Derek of course!

message 11: by Saturnus (new)

Saturnus | 6 comments love Derek <3

message 12: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (DevilRebel62) DEREK!
* Sighs *
He's my bad-boy-wolf-boy!

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie ever since the first book, DEREK ALL THE WAY :)

message 14: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (DevilRebel62) SAME!

message 15: by Saturnus (new)

Saturnus | 6 comments same again

message 16: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 3 comments DEREK! I think Simon is too nice for Chloe.

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia (wentworth) | 4 comments Oh my gosh, DEREK!!

message 18: by Julia (new)

Julia (wentworth) | 4 comments Simon is nice, but DEREK is WAY better!!! Does anyone know if there is a fourth book? I sure hope so.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

no, there isnt. I really wish there was another one though :(

message 20: by Julia (new)

Julia (wentworth) | 4 comments yeah me too. i wish it would elaborate on the ending , like Simon found a girlfriend and derek and Chole lived happily ever after :)

message 21: by Melissa (last edited May 28, 2011 08:45AM) (new)

Melissa (melissa_e_h) | 7 comments Kelley couldn’t give us a 100% completed ending, because “The Reckoning” isn’t the end of the series. It is only the end of the Darkest Powers trilogy. So the second trilogy in the series is called Darkness Rising. The first book was just released in April 2011, called “The Gathering”. Since it is the same series, it is the same world, but each trilogy has its own characters and plot. You can tell it is in the same world, because Mr. Davidoff is mentioned in “The Gathering” briefly. However, it is likely that during the third book in the Darkest Rising trilogy, the characters from Darkest Powers will meet up with the characters in Darkness Rising. So you have not seen the last of Chloe, Simon and the others. I am not sure what the whole series is called. I am guessing just Darkest Powers.

DARKEST POWERS SERIES (YOUNG ADULT SERIES)

Darkest Powers Trilogy:
- The Summoning
- The Awakening
- The Reckoning
Darkness Rising Trilogy:
- The Gathering
- The Calling (Release date for 2012)
- The Rising (Unknown release date, probably 2013)

I listed the books like that to show you want I mean. So it is all one big series, but divided into trilogies. Since the characters from each trilogy won’t meet until the third book in Darkness Rising, “The Rising”, I am guessing there will be at least one more trilogy in the series. Unless Kelley crams everything in "The Rising", and I doute she will.

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_e_h) | 7 comments And I pick Derek of course!

message 23: by Teleatha (new)

Teleatha (tillylovelifed) | 2 comments DEREK!!!!! All the way, from the first book .I have a thing for misunderstood guys :) As i found out with cabel in Wake.

message 24: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Jones | 1 comments Derek all the way

message 25: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Shoni (alexandrashoni) | 1 comments Derek!

message 26: by Martha (new)

Martha De Los Reyes (bookwormy11) | 3 comments Melissa wrote: "Kelley couldn’t give us a 100% completed ending, because “The Reckoning” isn’t the end of the series. It is only the end of the Darkest Powers trilogy. So the second trilogy in the series is called..."

thank you soo much! i so didnt know that! i defintely want to read the new series so much more now that i know there could be a glimpse of the darkest powers gang in it=)

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_e_h) | 7 comments Martha wrote: thank you soo much! i so didnt know that! i defintely want to read the new series so much more now that i know there could be a glimpse of the darkest powers gang in it=)

It is NOT 100% set that Kelley will for sure compine the characters from each triloy in the third book of the Darkness Rising series. But she has not ruled it out yet. So it may or may not happen. On her site it says that Kelley didn't completely finish the Darkest Powers series, so she could leave room to write about them in the future. So even if she doesn't compine the character in the third book of the Darkness Rising series, I imagine we will hear of the Darkest Powers gang someday.

message 28: by Melissa (last edited Jul 10, 2011 12:11PM) (new)

Melissa (melissa_e_h) | 7 comments I am just telling you that, Martha, because I don't want you to think for sure that it will happen. I don't think it has been decided yet. Or if Kelley has decided she wants to compine the character from each trilogy in the third book of Darkness Rising, Kelley might want to keep it a surprise.

message 29: by Martha (new)

Martha De Los Reyes (bookwormy11) | 3 comments Melissa wrote: "I am just telling you that, Martha, because I don't want you to think for sure that it will happen. I don't think it has been decided yet. Or if Kelley has decided she wants to compine the characte..."

yay=) i really hope she does though!

message 30: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_e_h) | 7 comments I do too!

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_e_h) | 7 comments Oh it look like it is a for sure thing now. I have no seen this newletter myself (so don't take MY word for it), but someone posted this on July 3rd on Kelley's forum on her offical website.

"Did you see in Kelley's recent newsletter that the third book in the Darkness Rising Trilogy will unite characters from Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising?"

So it looks like it will be happening.

message 32: by Martha (new)

Martha De Los Reyes (bookwormy11) | 3 comments AHHHHHHH!I'm bursting with excitement!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

DEREK of course

message 34: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 3 comments Definitely Derek

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

message 36: by Thomara (new)

Thomara Briscoe DEREK!!!!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

1.) y do all ya guys think chloe+dereck=<3
2.) dnt u think simon has a lil crush on chloe and maybe dereck
3.) no spoilers im in the middle of the awakening

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

ok totally forget my last post i think derek cares bout chole like wen he yelled at her or said he would NEVER hurt her OMG i almost cried---so sweet and i find it so sweet and wen simon was gonna like ask chole out was shocking

message 39: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley DEREK<3<3

message 40: by Teghan (new)

Teghan | 1 comments I'm on the last book but i am just at the beginning and if I were Chloe i would choose Simon because hes described as such a sweet guy

message 41: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (derek1) | 6 comments Derek. No. Question. About. It. HE. IS. MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 42: by Hulou (new)

Hulou | 4 comments Jamilah wrote: "I agree ... DEREK DEREK DEREK! I love him, he's probably the first character that, despite the fact that he isn't described as physically attractive or gorgeous, I've still fallen head over heels f..."

I was the exact same way! Even from the begining when I first read about him I thought wow I actualy like him better than Simon. I didn't know if it was going to be a whole stupid ooh Team Jacob no ooh team Edward. But I was happy to see that Kelly Armstrong didn't make a huge deal about it/ make a love triangle (yuck). I thought for the first time that I might of chose the guy the protagonist didn't choose. I was happy to find out though the Chole chose Derek as well!!! <3

message 43: by Hulou (new)

Hulou | 4 comments Melissa wrote: "Oh it look like it is a for sure thing now. I have no seen this newletter myself (so don't take MY word for it), but someone posted this on July 3rd on Kelley's forum on her offical website.

"Did..."

OMG!!! That means I have another series I will have to read. I will have to read it then so I can read more about the Darkest Powers characters.

Mrs. Bella Cullen 4ever (Vampire-addict) | 3 comments Hi my name is Mariah and I wld totally go for Derek. Though he can be confusing at times he's way better than Simon.

message 45: by Monika (new)

Monika Johnson (zanniie) | 1 comments Derek!! enough said.

message 46: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Clements (melissa31415) | 1 comments I completely agree! Team Derek!

message 47: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 1 comments Derek!! How is this even a question!?!!?!?!!?

message 48: by Megan (new)

Megan  (elfqueenmegan) | 4 comments Jori wrote: "Would you rather have Chloe be with Simon or Derek?"

DEREK

message 49: by Megan (new)

Megan  (elfqueenmegan) | 4 comments Derek is the only one she should be with!

message 50: by Alex (new)

Alex Nice (Alexandria_nice) | 1 comments Derek

« previous 1