The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello from Teresa

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresa_bowen) Hello all. I followed a link here after a friend's recommendation and I'm so glad I did, this looks just like my kind of place. I love all kinds of mystery and thrillers. One of my favourite authors is Lindsey Davis, I love the dry humour in her novels about Marcus Didius. I also like Sue Grafton, Sara Paratsky, Patricia Cornwell and a whole lot of other authors. I also enjoy reading scifi, horror, the classics. I also have a fondness for the BBC R7 listen again website where I can hear lots of good reads

message 2: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Teresa. I've had The Silver Pigs on my TBR for centuries... must bump it up a bit. Welcome to the group.

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Belanger | 16 comments Hi, Teresa! Welcome! Have you read Cornwell's book (and supposedly $1 million cost out of her own pocket) about Jack the Ripper? Has anyone else? What did you think of it?

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresa_bowen) No I gave that one a miss, I heard her being interviewed about it and read some articles giving her point of view and decided that reading the book would only result in me being annoyed so stayed well away from it. I would be interested to know what other people thought of it

message 5: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Teresa. We seem to cover the entire mystery genre and I am always finding new reads from all the great recommendations.

message 6: by Steven (last edited Dec 01, 2010 02:29PM) (new)

Steven Belanger | 16 comments Teresa, I thought the background information and placing in the time was great, and her summary of the case, the place, the time, and all the other suspects were very thorough and intriguing--but that her conclusion was WAY off. A much better summary and grounding of the facts, and conclusion, can be found in John Douglas's The Cases that Haunt Us. Also does the same for the JonBenet Ramsay and Lizzie Borden crimes, and others. Gruesome stuff at times, but well worth the read.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Silver Pigs (other topics)