What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dreamsnake
This topic is about Dreamsnake
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy, woman healer travelled about to different communities with 3 snakes. She had a green one, an albino cobra and a rattlesnake. These snakes were what she used to heal [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cobalt_Cin (new)

Cobalt_Cin | 8 comments Hi guys!

I'm new to this group and it was suggested by members of other groups I'm in that I join you. I seem to have a hard time finding books. I often remember what the book was about, books stick with me, but I often can't remember the title or author so it makes finding them like a needle in a haystack. I'm hoping 1 of you may have read this book and remember it. Here goes:

I don't remember the author or title but know it was fantasy and I have a vague memory that the title cover was red with a human hand with either snake tattoos or live snakes wrapped around it.

Book description:
A woman healer travelled about to different communities with 3 snakes. She had a green one, an albino cobra and a rattlesnake. These snakes were what she used to heal people.She would put an antidoate into a small animal, get her snake to bite the animal and then bite a sick child/person.The snake bite helped heal the person. The healer herself was immune to snake bites as part of her training as a healer invovled being bitten repeatedly by snakes so she would be immune to their poison, as a result she was heavily scarred.

At the start of the story she had travelled to an isolated village and was in the process of healing a sick child with a tumour.The child was too far gone to save, so she used her green snake, the most powerful/poisonous of her snakes to put the child to rest.But one of the villagers killed her snake shortled after she had helped the child past.So she had to go on a journey to find another snake like the one the villagers killed.To her people and trainers the death of the snake was a huge problem/error so she had to make a long journey to find another one.

Along the way she met with various adventures, including picking up an adopted daughter. She also had one of the village's men following after her as well.

Im not sure if this is enough description to help, but if any of you recognise it I'd be grateful.It was a great story and I'm wanting to buy it if i can track it down.

message 2: by ambyr (new)

ambyr | 30 comments You want Dreamsnake, by Vonda McIntyre

Lindig | 51 comments I agree with Ambyr.

message 4: by Cobalt_Cin (new)

Cobalt_Cin | 8 comments Thanks so much! :D. It is the right one, has a different cover from the one i vaguely remember, but it is the right one. Thank u! I enjoyed this story when i read it years ago, I'm sure I will again.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments I moved this to adult fiction solved and I'll shelve it. Thanks, everybody.