Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Fed the addicition

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barry (last edited Nov 21, 2010 11:01AM) (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3137 comments Simple missions today:
BJ's for the latest Cussler and Borders to use their latest set of offers to join "plus" for essentially nothing.
But....you have all been raving about the Stieg Larsson books, and they had the first two in paperback, so I got those. (Notice how I used raving without either 'stark' or 'mad'. I should get some kind of prize)
The to borders, where I joined plus for $20, but with $10 in Borders bucks back to me after Christmas and $10 back immediately. I had a 33% coupon, which became a 44% coupon with the plus, so I got the Butcher short story set that just came out, and there was that one David Poyer I had not read sitting on the shelf calling to me, so I got that as well. The good news is that I cleared, and kept clear, several shelves of books this year. My TBR was over 500 books a mere 5 years ago, it is now under 200 and getting better.

message 2: by Ann (last edited Nov 20, 2010 07:31PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Barry:
Wow, $220 is that a really special deal! :) I hope you like the Larsson books! ... off to look for the Butcher short story set!

Barry wrote: " to borders, where I joined plus for $220, but with $10 in Borders bucks back to me after Christmas and $10 back immediately. I had a 33% coupon, which became a 44% coupon with the plus, so I got the Butcher short story set that just came out, and there was that one David Poyer I had not read sitting on the shelf calling to me, so I got that as well. The good news is that I cleared, and kept clear, several shelves of books this year. My TBR was over 500 books a mere 5 years ago, it is now under 200 and getting better. "

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3838 comments Barry wrote: "Simple missions today:
BJ's for the latest Cussler and Borders to use their latest set of offers to join "plus" for essentially nothing.
But....you have all been raving about the Stieg Larsson bo..."

good shopping ,barry!
you had to pay $220 for the borders plus thing?????

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Sorry to tease you over the $220 Border Plus purchase, Barry ... since I can't always even type Barry (Garry)
I found the Butcher short stories on the library website, now on my hold list. Since I am so far behind in the series I can get a Harry Dresden fix!
Ann wrote: "Barry: Wow, $220 is that a really special deal! :) I hope you like the Larsson books! ... off to look for the Butcher short story set! ."

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3838 comments Ann wrote: "Sorry to tease you over the $220 Border Plus purchase, Barry ... since I can't always even type Barry (Garry)
I found the Butcher short stories on the library website, now on my hold list. Since I..."

i went to borders website and it's $20 for the borders plus..not $220. (and of course none of us EVER make typos, do we?LOL)

message 6: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3137 comments Keyboard bounce, it will get you every time. The math was $20 for the membership which gave you $10 to spend after Christmas coupled with $10 to spend now they just gave me, and an extra $3 off om my books. I made a profit on the membership, but of course, blew it all on new books.

message 7: by Melodie (last edited Nov 21, 2010 11:31AM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments Ann wrote: "Sorry to tease you over the $220 Border Plus purchase, Barry ... since I can't always even type Barry (Garry)
I found the Butcher short stories on the library website, now on my hold list. Since I..."

I've got SIDE JOBS, the Butcher short story book, sitting near the top of The Pile. I've read them all in the various anthologies they've been in, except for the new one which takes place immediately after the happenings at the end of CHANGES. I've been saving that story for my 5-day Thanksgiving weekend!

message 8: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3696 comments I have a free book of Butcher's on my nook. Never read his books before but will give it a try. I had it under samples but I just looked and it's 200 somethng pages so maybe it's the book and not a sample. It's Storm front.
don't know why I had it listed on the sample shelf. With the new 1.5 download this week I get to make shelves for my books on the nook, also it turns the pages faster, it sync's to all apps on other locations so the pages now match. Something on website location probably finds things faster and can't remember what else we got.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments DonnaJo:
Those are good features to have, I enjoy them with my Kindle! I love putting my Kindle books into collections to help keep them straight so know you will like that feature especially! It is very helpful to be able to sync up books across different apps too.

Donnajo wrote: "With the new 1.5 download this week I get to make shelves for my books on the nook, also it turns the pages faster, it sync's to all apps on other locations so the pages now match. "