twilight lovers! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Group Reads > First Group Read December 1st!!!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Woohoo!! Alright guys, so the long awaited time has finally come! The first ever twilight lovers Monthly Group Reading will begin December 1, 2010!!! Woohoo!!!

The method we decided on was to choose 2 people each month that will "host" the group readings. The hosts will then choose one book each that we as a group will read and discuss here! Your wonderful hosts will also be posting 2 discussions questions each week to kinda keep the convo going about the book!

Im very excited to kick this off with you guys and to venture into this new area for our group! Remember this is OUR group so the discussions will be as lively and as we make it. I chose this method because it seems we only hae a few people interested and so this way everyone gets a chance at reading their type of book! The books that are chosen will be posted ahead of time that way everyone has time to make it to the bookstore, library, thrift store, or a friends house so that they can get the selected books!

So without further ado your hosts for this month will be

1. Yum, Yum the Warrior (previously known as......Eternal na'vi)

2. Myself (Just so I can give you guys a example of how the hosting will go)

The books we will be reading in December are

1. Graceling Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore

2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling

I look forward to reading these books with you all Im sure it will be plenty of fun!

Much Love,
Krys

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Should I make my profile un-private so they can see my Yum-Yum awesomeness?

Awesome books!!!!!!!

message 3: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Cool. I'm in. Though i've already read HP book . but Graceling will be good.

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 286 comments Definitely IN!!!

message 5: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Yum-Yum the Warrior wrote: "Should I make my profile un-private so they can see my Yum-Yum awesomeness?

Awesome books!!!!!!!"

Lol....You dont have to, Its up to you, Im keeping mine private

message 6: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Great to know you guys are in.....I went back and forth with choosing Harry potter. Lol...I could hear a little voice whispering to me, dont you wanna choose something more "mature' but I've never read the book so Im interested to diving in and finding how I'll like it. Besides the movies make Christmas at Hogwarts seem to wonderful, so technically its a Christmas story ;)

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla You've never read Harry Potter? O.o
Whoa.
Well, you'll be glad you chose it. The first three are a little slow, but they get way better after that.
I was kinda surprised you didn't choose a more advanced book, but hey - never judge a book by its cover. :P

message 8: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Yum-Yum the Warrior wrote:
I was kinda surprised you didn't choose a more advanced book..."

lol....are you saying I chose a baby book! lol

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla No! *sheepish look* Lol, no. :P It's a good one.

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 32 comments I haven't every read the harry potter books either, so I am excited to read it with you guys as well! I really don't think you can put an age limit on a book!

message 11: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Ashley wrote: "I haven't every read the harry potter books either, so I am excited to read it with you guys as well! I really don't think you can put an age limit on a book!"

lol...exactly! As we've all learned with Twilight!

message 12: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 286 comments I just say reading YA books, keeps us ALL young at heart, thought and 'spirit' :-) Plus they sometimes still teach me stuff (and I LOVE shocking my family when I know things they don't expect me to know LOL).

message 13: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Thanks again to everyone who contributed and helped come up with ideas for how we were going to do this group read! I think a little bit of everyone's ideas are mingled into this, so its great to know you all played a huge part in planning this! Thanks again!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 21, 2010 02:07AM) (new)

I'm in, although Im reading HP to my son at the moment as a bedtime read so this could take the whole of December.
Just placed a hold on Graceling by Kristin Cashore at the Library.

message 15: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Terri wrote: "I just say reading YA books, keeps us ALL young at heart, thought and 'spirit' :-) Plus they sometimes still teach me stuff (and I LOVE shocking my family when I know things they don't expect me t..."

I agreeeeeeee. totally correct

message 16: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Lindsey wrote: "I'm in, although Im reading HP to my son at the moment as a bedtime read so this could take the whole of December.
Just placed a hold on Graceling by Kristin Cashore at the Library."

that's okay Lindsey. we all will be going slow .. coz it's holidays time and i think most of us will be spending it with our families which lessen the time to read.......

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Lindsey wrote: "I'm in, although Im reading HP to my son at the moment as a bedtime read so this could take the whole of December.
Just placed a hold on Graceling by Kristin Cashore at the Library."

Great! Harry Potter is a great book for younger kids. My parents found out at an early age that I liked reading. The first book they read to me was HP, when I was four.
Graceling is wonderful as well. I never would have found it if it was not on the Texas Lone Star Reading List for middle schoolers.

message 18: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments nice! Its definitly fine if it takes you a while to read it we've got the whole month! Lindsey is your son scared by any of the Harry Potter stuff yet!

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2010 01:25AM) (new)

He's 8 and loves it he's watched all,he tried reading it but the print is small and some of the words were to tricky (even though he loves reading he struggled with this) so I said I would read it to him before bed and he could read it to me if he wanted to have a go. Everything seems slow up when you read out load. He wants me to read them all so I think I might have finished them by the end of 2011 but no promises.
I have never read them so I'm looking forwards to these.

message 20: by Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (last edited Nov 25, 2010 12:39PM) (new)

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 28 comments I will join in for Harry Potter. The bf has been encouraging me to read them. Maybe we can do it together. :)

message 21: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Awesomevegan wrote: "I will join in for Harry Potter. The bf has been encouraging me to read them. Maybe we can do it together. :)"

thats great...it sounds like it would be a great read for you and your bf

message 22: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 65 comments YES! HARRY POTTER!

Dude, I LUUURV Harry Potter (as in the books, not Daneil Radcliffe).
I shall read it for the millionth time with you all!

message 23: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (ladyval) I have Graceling coming to me from the library, and I already own HP, so count me in.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

As its the 1st tomorrow I have started reading graceling tonight.

message 25: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments cool no problem....the discussion threads for each for each will be up later tonight! Happy reading

message 26: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika i'm going to start after 5th got a exam on 5th :(((

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.