eReader discussion

Share 1 Ebook with 2 Ereaders?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb My mom and I read a lot of the same books so we just share instead of buying two copies and I was wondering if we both bought ereaders if we would be able to do that. Could we buy one ebook and put it on both our ereaders or swap back and forth when needed? If so what would be the best ereaders buy? Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam (adamruger) | 13 comments I can only speak about Sony. You can register both readers to the same account then all purchases from that account can be read on both devices.

message 3: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk Right now, with Kindle if you register them to the same account you can do that, yes. Lending is promised in the next major software upgrade.

message 4: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go with the Nook since they have the library feature. =)

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (linnefaulk) stormhawk wrote: "Right now, with Kindle if you register them to the same account you can do that, yes. Lending is promised in the next major software upgrade."

I have noticed that I can lend some books I have purchased for Kindle for iPad. I guess it is up to the publishers. And the only way to tell is to go to amazon and look up the book. It will show that you have purchased it and that you can lend it if it is allowed for that book.

message 6: by Pam (new)

Pam | 8 comments I have a Nook, it let's family members with seperate accounts share books, you download them to you computer, plug in family members Nook and "side load", it's basically drag and drop. When your family member opens the book it will ask for name of person who purchased and cc#, after putting it in one time it will "remember" the info for all following books from that person. I think it's great =)