We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Off Topic (Non-Kleypas Chat) > How you use Goodreads...

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments When you pull up goodreads.com, what's the first thing you do, what's the first link you click on?

Where do you go to get the fastest info on updates?

Where do you spend the most time?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I read everyones recommendations. I write down every book that is recommended and then go to amazon and read the reviews there. I look at the books that people read and when I see they have similar tastes I feel like I hit the jack pot!!!!
And I came to "we love Lisa Kleypas" because I have read almost every one of her books ...... so I knew I would find like minded readers.....
I am NOT a stalker.... lol

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I go to the update page and scroll down to see what's up with my friends. I also check my groups, and I will look at reviews for books I am interested in.

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments I come "here" and check out the new updates to threads I've read or posted in.

I look up the books, check recomends of books that my lovely librarian has automatically added to my hold list, check out everyone else's reviews.

Redo, and redo and redo my shelves! :)

message 5: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I update the books that I'm reading, then check my groups and check out some threads, check out the updates from my friends and constantly rearrange my shelves. :) I usually have one for what I'm planning to read that month so I'm constantly adding and substracting books. :)

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 62 comments Ditto on Danielle's comment. Exactly how I do it.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments I check my group...spend most of my time here...well all of it I guess...no place else to go. I dunno how to check updates...can someone explain?

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Heidi when you open up Goodreads, it should open on your updates page. It's the one that shows what people are reading and group posts. You might have your update page just set for groups. You can set it for general updates.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Also, if you click 'home' at the top of the page, it will take you to your updates page.

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments Thanks Danielle, I am so not high-tech....LOL, its so complicated! hahahaha This group is even getting complicated and confusing, there are so many things! But I keep trudging along! :)

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments You're not alone, Heidi. I learn new stuff about Goodreads everyday.

message 12: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments If you need help Heidi, don't hesitate to ask..I'm always willing!

message 13: by Heidi (last edited Dec 28, 2010 12:32PM) (new)

Heidi | 871 comments I know, you guys are a great help if I need it. I dunno how many times Danielle has helped me. I just need to look around.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I'm not sure how much I helped, but I'm glad to do it, Heidi!

message 15: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments When you pull up goodreads.com, what's the first thing you do, what's the first link you click on? - I usually update the book I'm currently reading.

Where do you go to get the fastest info on updates? - My hompage

Where do you spend the most time? - In all my groups.:-)

message 16: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 718 comments The first thing I do is to update the book(s) that I'm reading and update my reading challenges. Then I check out my friends' updates and the threads I'm following.

message 17: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments When you pull up goodreads.com, what's the first thing you do, what's the first link you click on?
I either click on updating my book progress, or go to giveaways and see if any new ones that interested me appears.

Where do you go to get the fastest info on updates? I just wait for the notifications to say that there is a new one for me to get updates. And of course I go to my groups.

Where do you spend the most time? Groups and giveaways. I also spend time on my books and the wishlist.

message 18: by ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (last edited Mar 08, 2011 01:40PM) (new)

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 241 comments When I joined goodreads, I didn't join any group for a long time since I'm not very good at maintaining groups. This one's the 1st and only group I'm in because I just thought I'll have a good time and I can sincerely say, I do. So most of my time in goodreads are spent here. Funny but without the notifications and updates from this group, my goodreads page looks quite blank!

At first, I look at the notifications and updates, check out the things I'm interested in. I also do a lot of book/author checking outs (new ones, info about the authors already following etc.). I read a lot of reviews, specially if I'm thinking of starting a new author soon. I read posts/recommendations here and comment if I think I have something to add. Sometimes I spent time organizing my page, adding/rating books, even reading my own whinings about certain books I've read in the past lolz. :)

message 19: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments goodreads is such a great place for people who love books! Cuz..if you can't be reading then you can be on here reading about reading and finding more things to read! I love it!

message 20: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments This is my "crack reads" i check it way more than i should!! i so love this place!! is hypnotic!

message 21: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Does anyone use librarything.com? Thoughts?

message 22: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments Bekah wrote: "Does anyone use librarything.com? Thoughts?"

I do...except that I had forgotten my user ID. I write them down, but I don't remember where I put the information.

Now if I had constantly logged into the site, I'll remember. But it has been a LONG time since I went to LT.

WHEN I remember my user ID, then I'll update it. Until then...

message 23: by Kym (new)

Kym | 353 comments Another couple of "how to" questions. How do I add a book cover picture to my comment? Also, how do I make bold print? I use either my iPad or iPhone for most (maybe all) of my Internet activities.

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Kym wrote: "Another couple of "how to" questions. How do I add a book cover picture to my comment? Also, how do I make bold print? I use either my iPad or iPhone for most (maybe all) of my Internet activities."

Kym, there's The Folder of Higher Education which will tell you everything you want to know.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...