Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > What Nickname Did The Hero Give The Heroine?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4156 comments Mod
Have you read a book, where the hero gives the heroine a nickname? If so, share the nickname. You can also share the book or a book, if it's part of a series, where the hero gives the heroine a nickname.

Gone Too Far by Suzanne Brockmann: Sam's nickname for Alyssa is Lys.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9736 comments Mod
I remember in A Heart So Wild by Johanna Lindsey, Chandos would call Courtney 'cat-eyes', because she had very almond-shaped, titled eyes that were an unusual golden color. I thought it was very sexy.

I have read quite a few Harlequin Presents where the hero calls the heroine 'querida' and other endearments in their native languge. I like that.

message 3: by Arch (new)

I think it's cute, when the hero gives the heroine a nickname.

message 4: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Outlander Series - Jamie's nicknamed Claire - "Sassenach" (which I love love and love)
Wilderness Series - Nathaniel called his wife, Elizabeth "Boots"

message 5: by Arch (new)

Wan, did the author explain what Sassenach means?

message 6: by Wan (last edited Nov 15, 2010 08:26AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Yes. That's what the Scots call the English. Jamie is a Scot, Claire is an English.

message 7: by Arch (new)

Wan wrote: "Yes. That's what the Scots call the English. Jamie is a Scot, Claire is an English."

Oh okay.

message 8: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I love endearments in another language...Spanish is lovely, but I've disovered a love for Russian endearments. Thank you Christine Feehan LOL

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh, Russian is so sexy. Very true, Megan. When I read a book with a Russian hero, I always picture his accent in my head. Swoon!

message 10: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Girl, I listened to Oceans of Fire and Turbulent Sea on audiobook, and seriously....I can't even describe the hotness of the Russian accent, especially the endearments.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I can imagine, Megan!

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I just read INVINCIBLE by Joan Johnston, and the hero Max always calls the heroine K even though her actual name is Kristin. He calls her that because when he first met her he told her that K was just easier to remember than her whole name.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I sometimes will call people by their intitals or last name.

message 14: by Arch (new)

I give people nicknames. I have nicknames. I have a woman at my church, who addresses me by my last name.