Alpha Heroes & Spitfire Heroines discussion

Miscellaneous Book Stuff > Please! I need help with a book

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cobalt_Cin (new)

Cobalt_Cin | 12 comments I need help tracking a book down. Unfortuantly I am unable to remember the authors name or the book title so finding it is becoming a needle in haystack. I just remember what the book was about, I really liked it and want to read it again. I'm hoping one of you may have read it and will recognise it from the description.

Here goes:
It is either paranormal romance or fantasy and involves a shapeshifting dragon and the Fae as its main characers are a shapeshifting dragon and magically gifted female. The woman is brought up in hiding and in secret by her family. She knows she has some gift and must be kept hidden. But she makes a mistake as a child and heals a dying aniaml, her family dies, so she goes to fostercare. She has visions of a dragon and of other nasties coming to kidnap her. So when the dragon from her vision appears she attacks him and runs away. The dragon shapeshifter is sent by his god and his Fae leader to protect the woman as her bodyguard. So he takes her back to his world and they end up lovers. There is naturally a battle between good and evil, which the dragon god and his mate lead as well.

I know this is a very vague descrption and I have tried googling what little I have with no luck. But if any of you recognise it let me know. Its a fairly recent book as I read it earlier this year.

message 2: by Fani *loves angst* (last edited Nov 15, 2010 01:05AM) (new)

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) Check this one out:

Master of Dragons (Mageverse, #8) by Angela Knight

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) | 1 comments Sounds good. Just went and bought it. Thanks.

message 4: by Cobalt_Cin (new)

Cobalt_Cin | 12 comments Ah thank u so much Fani, that is the right book! Fresh baked cookies coming your way! :).

Have you read it before or do you have a way of searching books with just a description? Just curious in case this happens to me again.

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) You're welcome Cobalt_Cin!

In fact I found it by accident:) I was searching for another book in a series where the men are all shape-shifting dragons, and I was under the impression that Angela Knight was the author. So I searched by author's name and when I say the dragon in the title and then the description, this seemed to fit. Glad it was the one you were looking for:)

message 6: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz | 666 comments Mod
If you're looking for a book and you can't remember the title or author or both there's a group here on GR called "What's the Name of That Book" http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1... who find books for people (or try to). I've used them in the past for OOPs and they were very helpful :)

message 7: by Cobalt_Cin (new)

Cobalt_Cin | 12 comments Thanks! :)

NocturnalRavings(Jodie) (mistrissmoon) | 5 comments I have the same problem.Mightn't I post it here or is there another place I could ask? D:

message 9: by Eastofoz (new)

Sure post away :)

NocturnalRavings(Jodie) (mistrissmoon) | 5 comments Ok,it's a Spoof/recreation/can't think of the word of Sweet Savage Love. It starts in the modern 90's,with the women is an author,I think, and she's talking about Sweet Savage Love,then she's on a train,travels back in time and have a similer journey from there to Ginny's. I think the name is even Sweet Savage Love,but I can't find it.Sorry I can't describe it better,I read it a while ago. Help?

message 11: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Could it be Sweeter Savage Love by Sandra Hill?

NocturnalRavings(Jodie) (mistrissmoon) | 5 comments Omg,yes! That's it! Thank you. xD

message 13: by Eastofoz (new)

Woo hoo! Go go Auntee :D

message 14: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments The power of google...:)

message 15: by Eastofoz (last edited May 28, 2011 03:38PM) (new)

How do you do that on Google?

message 16: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments I just typed in (without the quotes) "Spoof of Sweet Savage Love" and scrolled thru what it came up with.:)

message 17: by Eastofoz (new)

Good to know for future ref :D

NocturnalRavings(Jodie) (mistrissmoon) | 5 comments Lol,that's cause Google is so awesome. :D