The Vampire Diaries discussion

Novels > The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 1453 comments Mod
Nothing new...Unless you haven't heard yet, but just recently LJ Smith was given the go ahead contract for a New Vampire Diaries series called The Hunters.

According to her publishers they wanted her to give the series one name.
She did a contest and had everyone pick the name for the next series and The Hunters struck through.

The Hunters. I suppose this is because the core group will be going to college together, where they will meet new characters and find mysteries to solve, both occult and otherwise.

What will the three individual books be called? Unless something changes, they will be Phantom, which will should be out in the summer of 2011, Moonsong, and Eternity. I'll post dates for the last two books when I hear them from my publisher.

From LJ Smith's Blog..

There is a wealth of information on her blog I encourage you to check it out on her webpage. The address to her website is in the "LJ smith new site" thread under the general folder.

message 2: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments So cool!!!

message 3: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

and it is her words not anyone one else's words!

message 4: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments that is the best part!

message 5: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments The characters are still the same?? Awesome. Can't wait for it! ><

message 6: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Yes the characters at the same...but she will add some new characters to the mix, I'm sure.

message 7: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments yeah, i'm sure too.

message 8: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I will waiting patiently...:) for the new book to come out.

message 9: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments same here. :)

message 11: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Hopefully the series will be as good as when LJ smith has written it.

message 12: by Emilia &#x1f319; (new)

Emilia &#x1f319; (milly_94) | 31 comments if the book does come out i'm really hoping damon will be in it :) considering how the book 'midnight' ended!

message 13: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

yes....we shall see...I mean look what happened to Elena? lol....but then again LJ is not writing it...

message 14: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Graziella wrote: "Hopefully the series will be as good as when LJ smith has written it."

I think Damon will come back in some way considering his name was on the last page on whoever was thinking about him....

message 15: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Christabella wrote: "Graziella wrote: "Hopefully the series will be as good as when LJ smith has written it."

I think Damon will come back in some way considering his name was on the last page on whoever was thinking ..."

I hope you are right about that. I really do.

message 16: by Emilia &#x1f319; (new)

Emilia &#x1f319; (milly_94) | 31 comments Christabella wrote: "Graziella wrote: "Hopefully the series will be as good as when LJ smith has written it."

I think Damon will come back in some way considering his name was on the last page on whoever was thinking ..."

thats true, but thats back when the original author wrote the book. She got fired because she wasn't allowed to write about Elena & Damon, only about Elena & Stefan, therefore the next author might not bring Damon back what so ever.. which to me, would be very heartbreaking :((

message 17: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Milly wrote: "Christabella wrote: "Graziella wrote: "Hopefully the series will be as good as when LJ smith has written it."

I think Damon will come back in some way considering his name was on the last page on ..."

One of the reasons why I read the book is for Damon not Stefan & Elena

message 18: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

:) I have to admit that I too read it for Damon and not Stefan and Elena.

I really hope that Harper and Collins come here to read these comments.

message 19: by Emilia &#x1f319; (new)

Emilia &#x1f319; (milly_94) | 31 comments same here!
even though I did feel a little bit bad for Stefan, he did get it too easy though ;P Damon has been suffering all along.

message 20: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

yeah...especially when that bug was in his body. That and the fact (view spoiler) were annoying for him. I would be pissed off as well. lol

message 21: by Emilia &#x1f319; (new)

Emilia &#x1f319; (milly_94) | 31 comments yupp, literally what good has happened to Damon? nothing. Stefan came, got Elena, the end of story. its time for Damon to be happy, too.. i feel well sorry for him, he's the quiet sufferer that puts a brave mask on and hides behind all this fake carelessness.

message 22: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Milly wrote: "yupp, literally what good has happened to Damon? nothing. Stefan came, got Elena, the end of story. its time for Damon to be happy, too.. i feel well sorry for him, he's the quiet sufferer that put..."

I would agree. I hope Damon somehow comes back to life or something

message 23: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I would hope so too. I also hope that he at least regains those lost memories...before the fact of what is going to happen to him in the end of the story. :(

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 175 comments Mod
I am right now thinking that we should just start our own Hunters series. Make it so that we can write the plot and what will happen to the characters. I've seen the people on here do some kick butt writing and I think it would be fun. I've read a lot of people's thougts of what should happen next form FanFiction.net. In them Damon always comes back.

message 25: by Emilia &#x1f319; (new)

Emilia &#x1f319; (milly_94) | 31 comments ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ wrote: "I am right now thinking that we should just start our own Hunters series. Make it so that we can write the plot and what will happen to the characters. I've seen the people on here do some kick but..."

the thing is everyone has different view points on what should happen, i mean yeah it does look like we all want damon back, with elena. but some fans might not like damon or want them together.

Yeah, that's why everyone writes their own if they want to. We don't have to work on it like a group.

message 27: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Maybe we can make a folder for just fanfiction? That way if anyone wants to post their work they can.

message 28: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments That's a really great idea. A place where they can simply fool around. :)

message 29: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

:) I actually forgot that i did make a folder just for it too LOL...

message 30: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Smith (forevershadowhunter) | 40 comments how did Damon die?

message 31: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean I heard this series was not going to be written by L.j.Smith

message 32: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Healy (majessticon) | 21 comments No, it's not. She gave a fairly revealing, heart-rending interview about the whole thing

here

I will definitely not be buying the Hunters series.

message 33: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I don't think I want to buy the hunter series either now...after reading that interview. :S

message 34: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Is everyone going to be reading Phantom out of curiosity? I think it is coming out soon it was in a email from chapters (Canadian book store) and I think also KOBO.

message 35: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Okay here it is:

Phantom : October 25, 2011

Moonsong : March 13, 2012

Eternity: still not ready?

already the first book phantom received a 3 star rating from 72 reviews based from Canadian book readers....

Ok, I saw the next book to the VD series and it has L.J Smith as the author. What is up with that?

IDK where this came from but I found a story called:

Damond and Bonnie Afer Hours.

http://www.ljanesmith.net/www/images/...

message 38: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I think i read that already.

It is just a side story I believe. :)