twilight lovers! discussion

Characters and Cast > Bella and Jacob's relationship

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥{Miranda!®}♥ (last edited Jul 21, 2008 04:44PM) (new)

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) I know how most people feel about Jacob, him ruining Bella and Edward's relationship. Well i am quit fond of Jacob. I’m not saying that i like him over Edward, because i don’t, but he saved Bella. He's also ALMOST always been there for her when she needs him. And he is a good friend to Bella.

Now that that is said, how do you feel about Jacob?

message 2: by Susanne (new)

Susanne I like Jacob. I always have. Sometimes I feel bad for him, but I also recognize that he's brought a lot of it on himself. He has been an amazing friend to Bella. I don't understand the Jacob haters I really don't.

message 3: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Me neither. He is a good person, he's just young and immature. But he is a good friend and sweet most of the time. He deserves happiness even though I think he should get over Bella.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I like Jacob too. He's just trying to be a good friend and protect the person he loves most in the world. It's very frustrating when you love someone so much, and you know they love you too, but they have chosen someone else. And not just someone else, but his mortal enemy. He can't see what Bella sees in Edward. Because of who he is he will never understand the attraction. He may come to accept it, but he will never understand it or condone it. His heart is broken and I think he did the only thing he could do by leaving. I hope he comes back and I hope he can be a part of her life in some aspect. My hope is that he imprints soon and that they can all be friends. Probably not realistic given the strong biological component to the hatred that exists naturally between vampires and werewolves. Jacob has gone through so much in the last year of his life that I think you've got to cut the guy a little slack.

message 5: by Armina (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new)

Armina After I finished Eclipse, I was furious at Jacob. I hated him. I hated how he made Bella kiss him. I hated how he made Bella realize she loves him, and hurt her and Edward's relationship. I hated his annoying attitude, and why he had to comes into Bella's life and ruin everything. I just wanted it to be Bella and Edward in the picture, and no one else.

Then, after I read Eclipse the second time, I came to some realizations. Jacob loves Bella, and wants to be with her, so of course he's going to fight to keep her human. Of course he had to make her kiss him to realize that she loves him, becuase then he always would have wondered what might have been, and if she really would have still chosen Edward over him. He can be annoying, but he has his reasons. And I think that if Jacob could have done everything all over again, he still would have done the same thing even though it hurt Bella and himself. He is a very good friend to Bella, and he's always wanted what's best for her. I really hope he comes back in Breaking Dawn, and maybe even imprints on someone, becuase then everyone would be happy. Bella and Jacob would both realize that they couldn't be together because Jacob could always have the possibility of imprinting on someone, and then he wouldn't have a choice but to leave Bella. Now, I like Jacob a lot, even though I still like Edward more.

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) SORRY! some of these i am not reading i read like the begginging and i stopped! You may think i am weird but....

I HAVENT READ THE END OF ECLPISE YET!

So please dont spoil it for me! Even though i know now that Jaboc leaves! :*(

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin | 45 comments I Kno! i only read the beginning of the long ones too =)!
i hv read the end of eclipse so i won't ruin for you....

message 8: by Susanne (new)

Susanne So from a literary standpoint here, if it was just Bella and Edward, and no conflict, and no 'twists' in the story, would it be 4 books long, and would you even like it!?!?!?!?! If I wanted fairy tales, I'd still be reading the disney princess books.

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim Good Point susanne. I actually like Jacob Black's character, and I sincerely hope he finds someone that is perfect for him. I have to admit I used to be a big jacob hater, because of how he treated bella in eclipse, but I am currently rereading the twilight story and ever since Bella meets Jacob, she is using him! How is that o.k.? I think that if Jacob had any self worth he would see that she always used him - to find out about vampires, to get him to help her redo the motorcycles so she could be dangerous, etc. and b/c Jacob hasn't had any better options, he grows to think he loves her, but how can you love someone who always used you to get what she wanted from another man? does any of that make sense?

message 10: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Kim ~ excellent points and I couldn't agree more!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I have never felt hatred for Jacob. I actually liked Jacob in New Moon. I was really glad he was there for Bella, but I did not like his actions of trying to ruin Bella's relationship with Edward. Also, I think he is being really insensitive and rude to think he could ever be with Bella because if or when he does imprint on someone else, he would HAVE to leave her and hurt her terribly. So, I think that if he really loves Bella he will just leave her and Edward alone. Honestly, with the possibility of Jacob imprinting on someone eventually, there is no way Bella could be happy with him. He needs to leave her to Edward and get on with his own life.

message 12: by Gwenfair (new)

Gwenfair I really do like Jacob, but Bella and Edward are supposed to be together, that's what the entire series are about. But, I want Jacob to be happy in the end, So, I think he is going to go to the wedding and then imprint on Angela Weber, because she's amazing and kind and all that jazz.

message 13: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Everyone is looking at what Jacob did to Bella. All he did was love her and act like any 16/17 year old boy would act!!! His biggest mistake was falling in love with her but that's not something someone can control. I don't think it's right to say that it's all of Jacob's fault and blame him for everything. It took Edward leaving, Bella taking comfort in Jacob and stringing him along, and Jacob not able to stop loving Bella and leave her alone. They're all at fault. Jacob just doesn't know how to be more mature about it, he is still just a teen. I feel bad for Jacob, how would you feel if you loved someone so much and then they up and left you for someone that made the one you love heartbroken in the first place? You'd feel abandoned and sad. No wonder he's acting like a jerk. I would too. He was a friend to her when she needed it, he made her smile, he took care of her. How can you blame someone for fighting for the one they love? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Edward and I want Bella and him to be together but I think that people are being to hard on Jacob. I like him and I think he deserves happiness as well.

message 14: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) I agree with Alexis on EVERYTHING. Yet another success at explaining the unexplainable...way to go Alexis!!!

message 15: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Lol gracias!

message 16: by Susanne (new)

Susanne OK, I'm looking for some clarification here.... maybe Alexis can help. What EXACTLY did Jacob do that has everyone's panties in a bunch. Seriously...

I realize I'm older than most everyone on here... but I'm at a loss. He and Bella kissed... I keep reading he made Bella kiss him!?!?! He MADE Bella kiss him!?????!?!?!?! He pushed Bella into some painful self examination... hmmm, where is that bad!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!! Especially in her case. She needed a good dose of reality!

I'm not saying that he did it correctly, or that it wasn't underhanded... but really to HATE a character, or dislike him so intensly for something so little. Edward and Bella have a powerful relationship, yes... but let me give you a little lesson here. If that relationship is so strong then Jacob COULD NOT do damage to it... NO ONE can... if it is truly the relationship we all believe it to be.

And if we're really being honest and laying blame, then Edward is a heal for what he did to Jacob - MANY times! Can't have it both ways... it's not ok, just because Edward is the 'hero'...

Ok, I think I'm done with my motherly ranting now!

message 17: by Olivia Blondie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:35AM) (new)

Olivia Blondie | 2 comments When I first read New Moon I HATED Jacob with a passion!! I couldn't understand why bella liked him. But then when i reread it I realized that Jacob kept Bella alive and helped her a great deal, he was an amazing friend to her. However I still don't like when Jacob becomes a smart alec and starts getting an attitude with Bella. But all and all i think he was a great friend to her in New Moon. But i really don't like how in Eclipse he tells Bella that she can't love both of them and how he keeps on saying that she needs to choose him. Jacob can be annoying sometimes but I do wish that he finds someone he can be happy with. I hope in Breaking Dawn that Jacob will let Bella and Edward be together but also that he can be happy as well!

message 18: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Yeah but that's how teens are. He is just reacting in the only way he knows how. He is sarcastic and rude because he's hurt and embarrased and rejected. How would any of us react? I think most people are just mad because they fell in love with Edward and then it seemed like Jacob "stole the spotlight". But he didn't ask to fall in love, he didn't ask to have Bella come and have so much fun. People act differently to different situations. I agree with Susanne that it was a good thing to have Jacob kiss Bella and to have Bella finally realize she loves him. Once she's a vampire there is no going back so she needed a reality check to make her really think on her decision. Like Susanne said, this will only show Bella how much she loves Edward and is willing to take this step. I actually think Jacob is kind of funny.

message 19: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) I like your idea Gwenfair about him imprinting on Angela. It would be awesome :)

message 20: by Olivia Blondie (new)

Olivia Blondie | 2 comments Well said Alexis!! Now that i think about it i couldn't agree more!

message 21: by Susanne (new)

Susanne I like the Angela idea too...

First love - it's a powerful thing. It was very powerful for Bella and Edward, equally moving for Jacob. He just fell for the wrong girl. I think I would LOVE to have Jacob as a friend, I too think he's very funny!

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Yeah Jacob would be a really good friend to have! Out of everyone he would be who i'd chose to be friends with!

And Edward i would DIE to have him be apart of my life!

message 23: by Em (new)

Em | 1 comments Hi

message 24: by Jane (new)

Jane Corona (baloney_vamp4) i love jacob!
but i still love edward.
sucks she couldn't have them both!

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Yeah!!! It's weird... some points i am Heels Over Head with Edward then the next minute I can't stop thinking about Jacob! I L.O.V.E. them both!

message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) I agree, Jacob & Angela would be the perfect match!

message 27: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shoozies) ok, here's the thing about Jacob...he's more REAL than Edward any day. Jake is the kind of boyfriend that you would get mad at, but then make up with. Edward you can't even get mad at. For crying out loud, he never does anything WRONG! That is just too much perfection to live up to. I would never be able to feel comfortable enough to just be myself with Edward. Not that I wouldn't want a perfect, hot guy to follow me around with his burning intensity, but you know what I mean. Jake is a real person and he's wonderful. But this question is kind of moot considering he imprinted on Bella's daughter, which is a bit incestual. Ah well, I still loved Breaking Dawn!!!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont like the way jacob thinks that he owns bella, like he deserves her more than edward does, like he thinks she NEEDS to be with him and edward
doesnt he see what edward and bella have together?

message 29: by Barbara (new)

Barbara I think Jacob feels that way because she's been in so much danger with the real vampires that have been hunting her. That really scares him because he loves her and doesn't want anything to happen to her.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

i guess
*begins grumbling about how that dog is stupid*
jk
lol
:P

message 31: by Victoria (new)

Victoria i guess,but as we all know Bella is the kind of person that can get her self in danger without any vampires help. so i know he LOVE her very very much.i think she will stell found a way of getting her herself in danger.don't you think????

message 32: by Blanca (new)

Blanca | 1 comments I LOVE Jacob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is the best guy in the whole entire world!!!!!!!!

message 33: by PandaRanda (last edited Sep 16, 2008 01:04AM) (new)

PandaRanda How is Jacob imprinting on Bella's daughter incestuous? He's not related by blood to Bella, or Edward, in anyway. Perverse or pedophilic, perhaps, but not incestuous. But it wasn't even like that, if he did think of Renesmee in that way, Edward would've ripped his head off or something along those lines.

I think Jacob being Bella's best friend is best, the way he's not incorrigibly annoying, pushy and downright whiney. He had some sort of misguided love for her, but most of it was that irresistable gravitational pull that held him there because he was waiting for Renesmee to come into existence. When Renesmee left Bella's body he didn't feel that pull towards her anymore, thought it was because she was dead...nope just that the centre of his universe was downstairs now.

"I knew she was dead. I knew it for sure because the pull was gone. I didn't feel any reason to be here beside her. She wasn't here anymore...or maybe moved was the better word. It seemed like I felt the pull from the opposite direction now. From down the stairs..."

Just like Edward was waiting for Bella to come into existence, same concept.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

coolio

message 35: by ♥ Sarah ♥ (last edited Sep 16, 2008 03:28PM) (new)

♥ Sarah ♥  (sarah_aka-me) | 23 comments I don't like Jacob. I don't see why she likes Jacob. I don't see what he has that Edward dosen't. And Jacob didn't imprint on Bella so why should he like her?

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ Jacob likes Bella because he got 2 know Bella and loved everything about her and still would go 2 the end of the world 4 her 2! U got 2 understand that imprinting is something instant, the person can't help it, they can imprint on a total stranger, plus u don't know the person at all sometimes, u don't have a choice! But when Jacob fell in love with Bella, he got 2 know her and so things with her! I might be repeating myself, I'm sorry!
Bella lkes Jacob as a brother, they have a certain connection that Jacob wa there 4 Bella in her darkest hour! I beleive Bella could be happy with either 1 of them, but I think she would be more happy with Edward! She also might need more time 2 get over Edward or just secretly never gets over him!

message 37: by ♥ Sarah ♥ (new)

♥ Sarah ♥  (sarah_aka-me) | 23 comments I guess ur rite, but still. Jacob?! seriously, Edward is farrr better

message 38: by PandaRanda (new)

PandaRanda Jacob may have fallen in love for Bella, but he was falling for the wrong person. I think he was being more affected by the fact that Bella was bringing into existence the true love of his life. Normally that doesn't happen because the wolf meets their chick randomly, not their mother before their imprint partner has arrived. But in Jacob's case he did meet the (to be) mother. He was meant to love her as a best friend, that's why all the romantic feelings for Bella instantly disappeared when he imprinted. Sam still sort of loved Leah when he imprinted on Emily that's why he felt so guilty about it. But Jacob didn't love Bella at all after that (and wasn't guilty that he imprinted on Renesmee...took it more as a joke really, so Jacob...xD), well he loved her as best friends/family only, which is the way it was meant to be, and it was the same for how Bella felt too. She didn't feel that irresistable need to be around/comfort Jacob anymore because Renesmee wasn't in her/coming into existence through her any longer. And Edward and Jacob were always meant to be friends/family in some twisted sort of way.

message 39: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 2 comments IM INLOVE WITH BOTH! I CANT DECIDE IF I LIKE JACOB OR EDWARD BETTER??!!

message 40: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 326 comments edward. period.

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) After reading Eclipse i thought "Dang, Jake, GROW UP!" But then i remembered, if you were in Jacob's BIG shoes you would probably want to hind away cuz the one you loved didn't love you back! I THINK i am on Team Jacob sometimes but at other times i am team Edward.

Twilight - Edward, didn't really know Jacob!

New Moon - Jacob!... Edward left & that messed everything up!

Eclipse - Both!

Breaking Dawn - Both!

message 42: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Hart (twilightrocker) | 3 comments I enjoy jacob but when it comes down to in it justs neede to be Edward He is bellas lover,and he is the fater of reneesseme not jacobe so he should back off on her and he did in " Breaking Dawn" just not the way we expected .

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Lori, you mentioned that Jacob is just trying to protect Bella who he loves. Don't you think Edwards loves bella too and is trying to protect her too?

message 44: by Mal (new)

Mal (mallorylitzinger) | 2 comments i have always enjoyed jacobs character although in the last book i really started to drift away from his character. he always seemed to be sticking his nose where it didnt need to be. when he imprinted to renesmee i was really annoyed. im deff. team edward.

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ Jacob is like the gut who is telling Bella the truth nomatter how much it hurts and he is the bad boy in the story, but Edward loves Bella so much that he wouldn't want 2 hurt her, but he would tell her the truth if hse asked.