Conservatives and Libertarians in Redmond discussion

The changing of America > Earmarks, Entitlements, and Pork (Bribery????)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy Strum (fed-upamerican) | 8 comments Approximately 9,000 earmarks costing about $8 Billion were included in the 2009 Omnibus Spending Bill. If the $8 Billion was excluded, the tax bill for 800,000 families would be reduced by $10,000 each, a real tax relief to America’s Middle Class. And that example was just for the Omnibus Spending Bill in 2009. In fiscal year’s 2008 Total Federal Budget, there were approximately 11,500 earmarks totaling about $16.5 Billion for the year. This means in 2008, 1 ½ million families could have saved over $10,000 each in taxes. Again, this would be meaningful tax relief for the middle class.
See the entire post on my blog at:
http://fed-upamerican.blogspot.com/

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kaplan | 7 comments I would like to get updates from your blog but wasn't successul. I think we have a lot in common and might be able to benefit from sharing. You will find my writings under Helen p Rogers at www.wellingtonpublications.com There were 17 books listed under my author page on Amazon a few weeks ago but last week only four showed up. We are checking into the issue. However you are welcome to use any information you find at Wellington Publications which can be printed, copied and saved. I will look for your book there or ??

Best,
Helen P. Rogers

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Strum (fed-upamerican) | 8 comments Helen,
Thanks
We do have a bit in common. Although I've been in the financial services industry for over thirty years with a ChFC and CLU, I've never had the drive to write about subjects in the industry. My hat is off to you. I look forward to reading your works. My blog address is: http://fed-upamerican.blogspot.com/
I'm still trying to figure out if I wrote my book for others to read or just to get it off my chest. The experience has been fun.
Hope to exchange ideas with you
Have a great week
Andy

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kaplan | 7 comments Hey Andy

I'm attending one of the best annual Ali-Aba week long 7:30a.m.-5:15pm estate planning conferences in SF this week. I took a lot of notes to illustrate why it's time for a flat tax.

You can imagine the dilemma for estate planning attorneys in 2010 without new legislation to guide them in 2011 and beyond--numerous choices with little knowledge to go on.

Also I don't have the time to learn how to use these social media sites so will keep in touch via your blog or if that presents problems I don't have time to overcome I will resort to email. I hope that is allowed --to exchange emails on Goodreads.

Whoops --- got to go--company arrived.

A couple email addresses:
director@singerfoundation.org staff@wellingtonpublications.com--I can get your address that way. I intend to order your book.

Later,

Margaret-alias Helen

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Strum (fed-upamerican) | 8 comments Thanks
I hope the conference is worthwhile. The paralysis in our nation is troublesome. With no clear direction regarding, personal, corporate and estate taxes; the administration's treatment of the business community and the desire to reign in spending we will continue on the path of Doing nothing is better than doing something wrong. Not very healthy.
The flat tax or an overhaul of the tax system is long overdue. I hope we get some positive comments out of Washington.
I have a couple of e-mail addresses. iamafedupamerican@gmail is the address I use for much of my communication
Have a great day
Andy

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kaplan | 7 comments It's good to talk to someone who is as "fed up" as I am--and was in the mid 1980s--and understands economics from a libertarian point of view. Have you been on Dick Armey's Freedom Works website?
The conference is intense, informativ and more exciting than usual this year. The estate planning attorneys are besides themselves with deaths occuring in 2010 and paralyzed by the fear of indeterminate retroactive legislation.

The stability of the USA has always attracted investors--now we are on shakey ground since the IRS is as confused as the attorneys waiting for the legislators to act.

Margaret/alias Helen

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kaplan | 7 comments I wrote a long answer earlier in the week which was deleted today by mistake.

I then tried to buy your book but couldn't get beyond reading the rules at Create a Space and when I finished reading there was no link to get back and when I finally did there was nothing in my shopping cart.

I'm going to be late if I don' give up--second time going through this--I expected to just hit a "BUY IT" ( It = your book) button and get a chance to use Pay Pal and be on my way--more trouble--I don't remember my google password and my important information list is on my office computer--I have TOO MANY ACCOUNTS and too many passwords and too little time.

I'll try again before I leave SF tomorrow.
Helen/ Margaret

I saw the above message wasn't posted this morning so I'm doing it now so you can see I'm trying to communicate.

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Strum (fed-upamerican) | 8 comments Thank you
You should be able to go to this link:
https://www.createspace.com/3462397
and put in 836CNC2L when asked for the discount code
Hope this works
Thanks again and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving
Andy

message 9: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kaplan | 7 comments I look forward to reading your book.

I wish you and your family happy holidays too.

Helen