Susan Elizabeth Phillips Fans discussion

Questions from members > Reading order?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (new)

valee I know the series have no order at all, but there is always a better order to read them and only those who read all or almost all the books know it.

I have read

1. Chicago stars
2. Kiss an Angel
3. Ain't She Sweet?

What should I read next? Which of her other books is almost as good as this ones? How would you order all her books from the ones you enjoyed the most to the ones you enjoyed the least? So far this is what I can say:

Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips , It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (for all the books in this series) and Ain't She Sweet? by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

message 2: by Barbie (new)

Barbie | 4 comments UMMMM!!

If you liked Mean Girls Read "Aint she sweet?" Its about a former mean girl trying to make up for all her mistakes in her small home town.
I can tell you from personal experience that "It had to be you" is a great story because you are going to laugh, cry and cheer for Phoebe and Dan. I will tell you that from 1st page to the last your opinion of Phoebe is going to change .
I havent read Kiss of an angel but I will soon .

message 3: by valee (new)

valee Kiss of an Angel s my top fav from this author. Ain't she sweet was great and It had to be you is one of the best in the chicago stars series. I adore all this books.

message 4: by NatalyaVqs (new)

NatalyaVqs Are there more pro athlete romantic series by other authors that are good compared to Chicago Stars? Anybody read True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson or See Jane Score? I read that Mills and Boon did an entire series on Polo Players and a Harlequin series featured NASCAR race car drivers, any good?

message 5: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 15 comments I have a real thing about reading in order of release date. Other than reading "Honey Moon" first because I found it at a garage sale and "Glitter Baby" second, I've read everything else in order. On SEP's website, she has a list of all the "Chicago Stars" books in order of release and a chart showing the "Wynette, Texas" books in order and how they relate to each other. And then she lists her standalones in order of release. I really like my lists and charts!! LOL!

message 6: by Marziye (new)

Marziye | 5 comments Hi ! I really like to read books in order.Even when I'm reading stand alone books from an author,I like to read them in order of their release date. I know there is a chart showing the "Wynette, Texas" books in order, but it gets a little confusing for me after "Lady Be Good" . Can anyone please suggest a more straightforward and simple reading order for "Wynette, Texas" series to me?

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Marques | 3 comments Fancy Pants
Lady Be Good
First Lady
Call me Irresistible
The Great Escape

message 8: by Marziye (new)

Marziye | 5 comments Thank you so much Carol ! It's really helpful . But what about Glitter Baby and What I Did for Love ?

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Marques | 3 comments As far as I know those are stand-alone books. Some characters do appear in other books though, which is fun, but can be confusing.

message 10: by Marziye (new)

Marziye | 5 comments Thanks again for answering my question ! Now I know what to do ;)