Knight-Reading discussion

Section 11849 > Reading Log-Week of 11/08/2010

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Knight | 44 comments Mod
Please post your reaction to this weeks reading here. Be sure to link your book/author by following the link above.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Mcleod | 6 comments I am still in the middle of Twilight and after Bella's accident where Edward saved her and she tried to get him to explain what was different about him they did not talk for weeks at school. They were both very angry at eachother. As far as school goes though Bella had become very popular and there was a dance coming up where girls were suppose to ask boys but instead three boys had asked Bella and she has turned down all three. Slowly her and Edward started to talk again in biology class at school, she is completely head over heels for him and does nothing but obsesse over him 24/7. He tells her it'd be better if they weren't friends but he also tells her he can't stand to stay away from her. The story is getting more and more intense and I'm loving it.Twilight

message 3: by Racquelc (new)

Racquelc | 4 comments (Cosmopolitan, December 2008.)
I read an old cosmo article about a drunk driving accident. The girl was 21 years old and leaving a bar. She was going 72 mph on a curve that was made for 25 mph. Her car flipped and she was ejected from the car because she had no seatbelt on. I have had a couple of friends get into car accidents because they were under the influence so this story was very easy to relate to. This girl was announced dead after her heart stopped beating and then all of a sudden just came back to life. She went into a coma for two weeks and woke up with over 30 major injuries. She says her life was going to the dumps and if she hadnt of gotten into this accident she wouldnt of realized it. Now she goes to highschools and shares her experiences and scars with them in hopes of keeping them from doing the same thing.

message 4: by Agustin (new)

Agustin Olvera (AGUSTINOLVERA) | 10 comments Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
In response to this weeks reading, I would have to say that this week was the most that I have read during the entire semester. The main events that went on while I read were that the main characters are in a everlasting feud for the love of someone who has already chosen. My question is can someone chose who to be in love with? I agree with what the author emphasizes that one cannot chose who to love it simply happens, and no matter how much you care for someone else and no matter how special they are to you if the magic of love does not do its work a relationship is impossible.