SFBRP Listeners discussion

Slaughterhouse Five

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Sweeney (joesweeney) | 5 comments I haven't read this one but I have read Timequake, also by Kurt Vonnegut. They sound like very similar books. Some of the characters are even the same -- Vonnegut, Kilgore Trout, cameos by family members, etc. I enjoyed it quite a bit, even though it's all over the place. Some fiction, some autobiographical.

It's been a while since I read Timequake, but listening to Luke's review I felt like I had already read Slaughterhouse Five. I will definitely be putting this on my to-read list and I would recommend Timequake to anyone who liked this book.

message 2: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 55 comments The Female Man is definitely non-linear, if you like that sort of thing. I couldn't finish it though.

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric (eric_underscore) | 2 comments I loved this book. Anyone got a list of other non-linear stories ?

message 4: by Andre (new)

Andre (andreb) | 4 comments I found the book deeply disturbing, and therefore very good. This was one of the most interesting WWII stories that I've ever read. It added a whole different dimension to war stories. I really wouldn't classify this as Science Fiction, but who cares. It transcends the need to be pigeon-holed into a genre.