Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Recommendations > Need Help Finding a Book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 103 (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9737 comments Mod
This thread is for members to post inquiries on books they are trying to find.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Here is a request from Maria:

Hi everyone,

Sorry, if I put my request in the wrong thread, I didnt know where to put my request.

When I was making my book list.I thought I made a note of the book I was interested in. I can't find it now. I can't remember the name of the book or the author but I vaguely remember the synopsis. Its very much like Lisa Kleypas style (the devil in winter maybe type) and thought it was by her but could not find it in her list. I wonder if you well read experts can help jog my 'sieve' like memory.

The plot goes something like this, I'm sure its set in maybe an historical setting, the hero maybe is a rake, he gets married to a young 15 year old girl but the marriage is not consummated which he is annoyed about. I think she runs away somewhere. The hero finds her 5 years later and is determined to get her back as his wife. I think she has to find him in order to get an annulment.

Does anyone have a clue what the name is. I am going mad trying to find it.

Many thanks

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria | 135 comments Thanks Danielle for transferring my post.

Cheers !

message 4: by Fani *loves angst* (last edited Nov 11, 2010 10:04PM) (new)

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) Well, I'm trying to find a book myself. It's a historical PNR set in 1800s, where the heroine is a vampire hunter and is hiding her stakes as pins inside her hair. It's a series of 5(?) books and there are 3 potential heroes in the series. I have a vague idea that she marries the first one but he's ignorant of what she really is, but I'm not certain, so please don't reject books because they don't fit in that.

Any ideas?

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 12, 2010 06:34AM) (new)

Is it this one?

The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Rises The Night (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #2) by Colleen Gleason When Twilight Burns (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Colleen Gleason As Shadows Fade (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #5) by Colleen Gleason The Bleeding Dusk (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #3) by Colleen Gleason

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

YW, Maria.

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) Yes, that's it Danielle! I can't understand how I couldn't find it, since it turns out I DID put it into my to-buy list and searched it quite thoroughly.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Awesome, Fani!

message 9: by Ally (new)

Ally | 75 comments Hi,

I'm looking for any YA novels that are set in the UK. Does anyone know of any?

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda is set in the UK. Great book, but very gritty and dark.

message 11: by Ally (new)

Ally | 75 comments Thank you! :)

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

You're welcome, Ally!

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 411 comments Maria - Any way it could be Somewhere I'll Find You by Lisa Kleypas? You've probably checked out all of LK, but the I know the plot is similar to what you mentioned!

Feu d'Issey (Laura) (feudisseylaura) Love story during war times, with a fighter pilot? Possibly including love triangle?

There is a book I have often wondered about and would like to try reading again. I must have begun reading it in my adolescent years but never finished it (must have been borrowed or sth). It was a love story as far as I can remember, and it was set in war times (I can't remember which war even...), the male love interest was a fighter pilot, as far as I can remember. It was a saga kind of story spanning a large period of time and I think part of a series... and I think there was a love triangle involved, not sure though. this is all so very vague, I wish I could say more, but I've wished for so long that I could find this book again and read it, because it left me with such a vivid feeling of the book. Any suggestions of books you know that even sound like they could fit that bill? I could then look into them and sure I'd recognise it if I found it.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Hey everyone! I'm looking for a romance that has the heroine being abused and the hero steps in and rescues her. It can be an abusive husband...I don't mind the hero stealing her from a sheltered/abusive relationship. I like angsty reads but lately they kind of fizzle out for me. I'm in a slump, I guess. I really want an angsty read with the old 'damsel in distress' storyline but a little more serious instead of cheesy. Any suggestions? It can be any genre, although historical is my preference. Looking forward to any recommendations you guys can give me!!

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Have you read Keegan's Lady? That has an abused heroine scenario.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I put it on my TBR list. Thanks, Danielle!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jun 17, 2011 05:11PM) (new)

You're welcome, Jessa!

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Feu d'Issey wrote: "Love story during war times, with a fighter pilot? Possibly including love triangle?

There is a book I have often wondered about and would like to try reading again. I must have begun reading it i..."

I haven't read this one. I hope someone is able to help you Feu d'Issey.

message 20: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I'd recommend Heartbreaker by Linda Howard for the abused heroine theme, Jessa....it's contemporary, but oh so good!

For historicals with that theme, you might try Saving Grace by Julie Garwood. Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson also has an abused heroine and is magnificent!

I'd love to hear more recs on this scenario as it's one of my favorites.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I noticed Heartbreaker is part of a series. Would it suffice as a stand alone or would I need to start with the first book? I like Linda Howard so this would be a great recommendation!

Thanks, Megan!

message 22: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
You can most definitely do this as a standalone...it's only listed as part of the series because the hero of this story makes a VERY BRIEF appearance in the previous book.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Sweeet.....I'll add it to my TBR list! Thanks!!

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura (lacello) | 3 comments Jessa and Megan,

Butterflynot exactly abuse, but definitely vulnerable h saved by H

Ready (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #3)h is stalked, saved by H

Blue-Eyed Devil of course!

Shelter Mountain

Lady Gallant not exactly abuse, but very intense

Coming Undone h is recovering from abuse

Safe Harborh runs away, is followed etc, etc, etc. (warning: it's a menage and bdsm)

I have a bunch, it's a favorite theme of mine, I just have to find them, I never finished categorizing my books.

message 25: by Maria (new)

Maria | 135 comments Melanie wrote: "Maria - Any way it could be Somewhere I'll Find You by Lisa Kleypas? You've probably checked out all of LK, but the I know the plot is similar to what you mentioned!"

Melanie wrote: "Maria - Any way it could be Somewhere I'll Find You by Lisa Kleypas? You've probably checked out all of LK, but the I know the plot is similar to what you mentioned!"

Melanie wrote: "Maria - Any way it could be Somewhere I'll Find You by Lisa Kleypas? You've probably checked out all of LK, but the I know the plot is similar to what you mentioned!"

Thank you soo much Melanie,
I am the dopey one of the readers here, just saw your post

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) Hey Natalie, I'm new here too. Have you tried Lauren Dane's, Chase Brothers Series? They are a group of very hot, horny brothers, who all (but one) have domineering characters. Protective alpha male thing going on - they were not paranormal, but I loved them and really connected with some of the characters in the books. Check out my reviews if you wanna get a better feel for them .... I think the first one was called ' Giving Chase'.

message 27: by The BookChick (last edited Oct 28, 2011 05:24PM) (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) I heart the Chases. You'll love the series Natalie. Lori Foster also does yummy, non-PNR alpha males.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) aahh haa my little wormie friend.... you have another secret love then? What happened to Bones? LOL I loved them - Shane was such a sweetie. And even though I'm a naughty girl for the hotties, I thought their mum was awesome ..... she was such a great character!!

message 29: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) I love many men for many reasons. But, it wasn't just the men I loved. The women were awesome. That clic-clacking Polly was awesome. You didn't mess with her family.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) Me too! Polly was a character I think I will remember for a long time --- I think everyone would want a mum that caring, loyal and calm don't you! She certainly had a way with her boys too! I'd like to think my son would see me like her LOL!

message 31: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Oh no...do you have lacquered hair and drive a big cadillac too? LOL.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) LOL, you crack me up lady!! NO I don't drive a cadillac.... but the hair? well it was quite 'big' in the 80's , fluffy perm you know!! I'm so glad I don't have that anymore LOL! I probably looked like a loo brush on legs!! LOL

message 33: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Hahaha....not a loo brush. Now that's bad. BTW, shouldn't you be sleeping. Isn't it almost 2am there?

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) YEP it is exactly 2am actually! sleeping is so boring *whines loudly* ... it's so much more fun reading and playing on here LOL! I dont think i've been to bed much before 3am since Wednesday as I've been off work with my infected tooth.... when I go back next week, it will be a sad day as I won't be able to play late anymore!! *cries*.. what time is it where you are, I get so confused with everyone's time zones!

message 35: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) * Kazzy * wrote: "YEP it is exactly 2am actually! sleeping is so boring *whines loudly* ... it's so much more fun reading and playing on here LOL! I dont think i've been to bed much before 3am since Wednesday as ..."

LOL...tell the truth...did your hubby kick you out of bed again? LOL. It's barely after 9pm here.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) nah! for him to kick me out, I would have to have got into it first LOL.... I think i'm gonna have to do some bigtime sucking up this weekend though, cos he aint happy with me for neglecting him all week! I had an excuse until today as I had toothache and felt crap, but now i'm better... well what can I say buckyballs call!! LOL

message 37: by * Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (last edited Oct 28, 2011 06:18PM) (new)

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) oh and btw, i'm so jealous cos you got like another at least 3 hours or so of reading and stuff yet! *stamps foot*

message 38: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) * Kazzy * wrote: "oh and btw, i'm so jealous cos you got like another at least 3 hours or so of reading and stuff yet! *stamps foot*"

LOL...we will not contaminate this thread with that discussion...LOL. But, I'm reading now on my iPad...which I don't really like doing. The thing is just to bulky to read comfortably with. I can't wait until my new toy comes in :).

message 39: by * Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (last edited Oct 28, 2011 06:24PM) (new)

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) .. yeah I best behave on here... I can't wait till your new toys comes either!! LOL, I might be more excited than you!!! so why are you using your Ipad then, I thought you had, now what was her name, Kindie was it?

message 40: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Kindie is her name...LOL. The iPad let's me read and chat with you guys without going to my computer...so it serves its purpose....the brick!

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) I do that too, i'm now just gonna shut down my computer and go hug the ipad in bed for a while. Might get a chapter of the new Cat and Bones in before my eyes give up! LOL

message 42: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) * Kazzy * wrote: "I do that too, i'm now just gonna shut down my computer and go hug the ipad in bed for a while. Might get a chapter of the new Cat and Bones in before my eyes give up! LOL"

Yes go read. I'm 95% finished Destined for an Early Grave...and I can tell you that I was not liking Bones too much for a good 40% of the book. We actually broke up but we're back together now. LOL.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) rofl ..... You broke up with Bones, OMG it must have been serious! I noticed you were zooming through it .. I don't know how you keep up with all this chat and reading and work etc.

message 44: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Oh yeah...this book put my emotions all over the place. *sniffle* You're gonna love it when you get to it. I will give you no spoilers. Have your box of tissues handy. LOL.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) Oooooh noo, it's so bad I will need a box of issues?! I hope Paula sorts out that brother of mine then, cos she's gonna have a lot of 'payment' owing, if she wants to download all the others to get to that one lol!

message 46: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 69 comments Not bad....Just REALLY sad...Ngl....I balled lol....Little bro thought I was an idiot lol

message 47: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) LOL...I can share them with you both through Kindle so you don't have to worry about buying them. I just can't share them both with you at the same time...You know cuz of those Amazon restrictions. But, I'm happy to loan to save you guys some money and not create any unecessary buckyball handling...but I digress :).

message 48: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Fangtasia wrote: "Not bad....Just REALLY sad...Ngl....I balled lol....Little bro thought I was an idiot lol"

It was so sad. I sniffled alot.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) ... Rofl, we can't help ourselves can we, all roads lead to buckyballs! ... I didn't have a clue you could 'loan' books on kindle till I came on here. ...and awww that's very sweet of you to offer to let us borrow them *hugs*. Likewise I'd willingly loan you in return ..... Of course that would be after you have told me how to do it, cos I have no clue lol!

and Fang, they just don't understand do they ... My hubby always groans at me and says, don't read it then if it makes you cry duh!

message 50: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 69 comments I had actual tears fall... It almost killed me that one did ...I'm really looking forward to the next one

« previous 1 3