Every Little Thing discussion

Writing Corner > Story Plot

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christa (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
Not sure where you want your story to go, post some of it and what you think you want and we can throw out ideas on what we think would be good.

message 2: by Christa (new)

I have an idea for a new story line and i'm stuck and torn. I've never done a truly when love abandon me cruelty took pity on me story so. . . I'm stuck.

message 3: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments well what do you have in mind?

message 4: by Christa (new)

a greek mythology maybe something else. . . A girl has to sing from sun up to the rise of the moon. She is sad and lonely but refuses to be around people, when she opens her mouth to speak she has a weird effect on people. Her voice makes the listener violent. . .
That is all I have for right now.

message 5: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Very good and interesting. What are you stuck Christa?

message 6: by Christa (new)

The orgins, the ploting story line. I read way more history than is good for me and I don't know if I want real folklore in it or not. I'm just torn period. Then I get scared that there will be too much going on or that it will be too sad. I'm torn.

message 7: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Great my first comment didn't save.

Put some real folklore in it, put some sadness in it. It should come from the heart hon. When you have pages of your first chapter have someone close to you read it outloud so that you can hear and see if you love it if not you can change it and revise it. It is just a rough draft that is meant to be changed and flow to your story. Remember that it should come from your heart. So in all, put some folklore and sadness in it, you might be surprise at just how great it might be.

message 8: by Christa (new)

I don't have anyone to read it so I might just post the first chapter and ask you guys to rate it.
What do you think? 1st or 3rd person?

message 9: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments that sounds really interesting christa. like wolf spirit said, throw the folklore and sadness in, i think that'd be cool.

message 10: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments hm...um...write it in first person first and once you are done read it to yourself and read it in third person if you still can't decide then post it and we shall see which one sounds better.

like what brooke said 'that'd be cool'.

message 11: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments haha we're like quoting each other lol

message 12: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments haha another werid cool thang huh? I love it how we are 'quoting each other' its fun

message 13: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Okay guys I am having a hard time trying to come up with ways to end my story.

message 14: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments LOL

okay what's your story about?

message 15: by Christa (new)

wolf spirit wrote: "Okay guys I am having a hard time trying to come up with ways to end my story."

are you trying to end it romantically? Tragically? Commically? Anything but horribly. =)

message 16: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Sorry guys that I didn't reply so far. Again the website didn't save my comment. =(

At the end of the story Huyana passes away she is 3,000 years old and it is time for to go. At the end of the story she writes a book about what the worlds were like 2,000 and some years ago. The epilogue at the end of the chapter I have it to where two twins walk to this mountain and find the book that Huyana wrote....here is the pieces of the book....

My sister and I take a walk towards this beautiful spirit world as I always know that someone is watching over us guiding us to the ends of our depth soul. We both wonder what this world was like back 5,000 years or so ago. There was nothing that could help us except for a book that was thought was written by one of the spirits that protected both worlds, but there is no evidence that the book even exists.
They even have stories about the spirits that have been told down from generation to generation.
We walk down towards (the mountain) and we lay down watching the stars dance against the blackness of Mother Moons love. My spirit howls and jumps for joy at something. I look over at my sister as her wolf spirit jumps for joy. We get up as a deep curve runs into the dirt. We both dig deeper into the heart of soil. WE pull out a box. We both leap for joy hoping that it is something special. I take a look as it looks very ancient, but kept so clean, so new. We try to pry it open, but to no luck can we get it open. With all my strength I get it open as my hands reach down and unwraps a book.(descvrip the book cover and let it have their tattoos, their magic, their spirits, and anything else that relates to the spirit protectors.)
My fingers trace the etches of the tattoos Dragons, Wolves, and animals power the book while the magic filters through the book as Water, Fire, Spirit, Earth, and Air cleanse the essence of the book. The colors of the book collide with our spirits. I freeze wondering what happened to this book, wondering where this book has been, and what stories have been told. The stories locked up, kept safe and unspoken through the ages of the ancients. I caress the book as it whispers through us, through our spirits and magic. I embrace the book as if it is a part of me that has been lost.
The gold specks collide with magic, spirits, and tattoos of humans like us. I close my eyes and searching for anything guided me to this book. IN the distance I feel a presence with an outstretch hand. She smiles and nods at me. I smile back at her. Her oval shape face compliments her black eyes and hair. She looks Inuit and Native American just like I am. I search for her tattoos, magic, and spirits. I feel no life from her. Her tattoos sparkle against the night as her magic caresses us and whispers to our spirits.
Holding onto this book sparkles at her presence and then I know that she was important in her time period. I look at the book again wondering how this book got here. My eyes scan for her, but the only thing in her place is particles of colors that match this book. “What is it brother?” “I thought I saw a woman.” I point to where she manifested and dissolved. I try to open the book, but the pages aren’t given in and frustrated to my nerves gets the best of me. MY sister outstretches her hand “let me see the book brother.” I give her the book “If you can handle it sister.” She smiles at the challenge of opening the book. With a gentle wolf spirit song and the magic within her the book clicks and unfolds. Astonishment filters my ever being. We open it to the title. A gasp of our spirits and voices sprang to life. This is the book that all generations have been looking for ‘The Legend of the Spirits’.
The thin paper catches the essence of their sweet scent as we turn the page to a quote. I read it out loud:
“It has been 5,000 years since the spirit world needed our protection as a result the spirits that protected both worlds pass on to the afterlife where they wait for chaos to spread its wings of venom onto the spirits and the world.” I look up towards my sister. “This is a quote from a Dragon.” “Let me see.” I hand her the book gently not to drop it on the soft sand. “This dragons name seems familiar to me. Hmm…I am not sure why though. It seems to be one of the spirit protectors that lived before 5,000. How would they know that we would find it 5,000 years later?” We each try to understand that. In all we come up with nothing.
We turn the page to Chapter One:
“This life that we are all connected created this path to which I was happy to become part of everything. For all of you reading this book don’t let anything come between you and your spirits. Cherish them for they will be with you forever. I let a lot of things get in the way of my Wolf Spirit my (). I let her down at a very young age and I regret everything that my human heart and soul turned away from her. I ran away trying to get away from my monster side that my tribe thought was evil. I put so much effort in making them happy not caring about my wolf spirit. She is the one that will be there in times of need. She is the guardian of our inner strength and your wolf spirit is older than what you might know. Trust in your wolf and you shall be happy and prosper. Without them everything that you have dreamed of will be washed away from your inner child, from your memories, and your destiny. I lost her and I was grateful to bring her back to the light of my humanity.”
“Trust in yourself for you shall be rewarded with the greatest love and respect that magic can provide you.

“Time stood still as the essence of our love surrounds us. We each are surrounded by a blanket of love and respect, but until then my only hope rises to the top when I am with Kuckunniwi. He is part of my spirits. I introduce him to Thunder boy about three days ago. They both seem as though they have a lot in common. My little precious plays his role as Fire while Angeni’s child plays her role as Ice. All goes well here.”
“This is their time to shine as life goes on.”

There are always reasons on how much we need in our lives as our memories gently caress the essence of our loved ones.

THat is somewhat of the chapter

I am not sure if I should include some of the pages that Huyana wrote or do something else to the last end of the book. This whole book is from Huyanas point of view that I am writing and that the book that she is writing is based off of her narrative from the whole book. Does that make any sense?

message 17: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Huyana is also part animal spirits and magic

message 18: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments wow that's really good wolf spirit! it might be interesting if you included a couple pages of the book. but on a different thought, maybe dont because that'll have the reader wondering what the book said and all that. hmmmmm.....

message 19: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 128 comments i thimk i'm good with plots but not really a good story writer...*laughs nervously*

message 20: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Why thank Brooke! =)
That is okay Megamarie. =)Give me what you got as an advice, just treat the last part of my story as the plot, the main event to my story.

Hmm...I could add some couple of pages in the book like biography, different kinds of magic, animal spirits they have, complications between pure blooded humans and not pure blooded humans. Have their point of view in the book. Would that might work.

message 21: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 128 comments thanks Wolf Spirit...

message 22: by wolf spirit (last edited Nov 23, 2010 04:36PM) (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments your welcome Megamarie

message 23: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments @wolf spirit: ya that'd be really interesting.

message 24: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments OKay. I will try that then. Thanks Brooke =)

message 25: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments you'rs welcome wolf spirit. im happy to help :)

message 26: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Yeah. I love it when someone helps me!

message 27: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments thats good. i like to help so if you ever need it let me know!

message 28: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Cool thanks Brooke

message 29: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments your welcome XD

message 30: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments =)

message 31: by Christa (new)

Okay guys I've been working on that story that was forming in my head. I would really like you to tell me if it is any good or still needs some tweaking.

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 10, 2011 02:27PM) (new)

Ok what is it about? And when your done remind me about a story I need help with.

message 33: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Hey guys I am starting another book!!!This book is a pain in the but. Grr =(

message 34: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Good luck with your new story, wolf spirit:)

message 35: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments Yes, good luck to you!

message 36: by wolf spirit (last edited Dec 04, 2011 05:48PM) (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Oh my I didn't say thank you both...well thank you Eirine and Brooke. I am done with this book yeah. And I am done with the second sequall to the book. I am working on another story...

message 37: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments Cool, what's it about?

message 38: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments The story is about a human girl who is the savior between vampire and human and then I have at least four other stories to write about after I am done with this one.

message 39: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Hey Christa where is that story about the girl who has an affect on people when she sings? Where did you post it? I would love to read it again and make some comments b/c for some reason I did not get around to it. Sorry Hon.

message 40: by Christa (new)

Lol it's fine
I never posted it because I didn't feel like it was the way i wanted it. maybe once finals are over I will post the first chapter under my writing. i'll let you know soon.

message 41: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments LOL aww...finals...i dispise finals...dispise them to the end of the world. Yeah let me know so that I can read it. Maybe you did not feel the way you wanted it, but maybe to someone else it will be what someone likes and wanted. =) if you understand what I am saying.

message 42: by Christa (new)

I understand what you are saying. so I'm going to post it and let you guys give me input. It is going to be unedited. Just a rough sketch.

message 43: by Christa (new)

wolf spirit wrote: "Hey Christa where is that story about the girl who has an affect on people when she sings? Where did you post it? I would love to read it again and make some comments b/c for some reason I did not ..."

Below is the first chapter about Cassondra the violent. It is rough and unedited but hopefully it isn't horrible. Be honest if you ever get around to reading it.
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 44: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments Christa wrote: "wolf spirit wrote: "Hey Christa where is that story about the girl who has an affect on people when she sings? Where did you post it? I would love to read it again and make some comments b/c for so..."

A bit rough, but I love the idea so far. Can't wait to see where it goes!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

THese are some very interesting storylines, I am reading alot of non-fiction right now, but at some point I will need to read some good fiction to get the imagination really stirring. Christa, I like that you are putting school first and you may have been suffering a bit from writer's block. I think if you step away for a short time you will definitely find your inspiration again.

message 46: by Christa (new)

Furgy62 wrote: "THese are some very interesting storylines, I am reading alot of non-fiction right now, but at some point I will need to read some good fiction to get the imagination really stirring. Christa, I li..."

I did and I have to say Ive been feeling it lately. I only get the block if im under extreme stress. If my computer hadn't crashed all of my stories would be updated by now. and I have a few plots i'm working on now too.

what's good in non fiction?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

The non-fiction I read is mostly stuff on Martial Arts, buddhism and wisdom type of stuff. Sometimes I read some spirituality type stuff too,so it can be a little dry. What's good with fiction is when young inspiring writers use their imaginationand come up with really great storylines. I* read a whole star wars series once, I have the read the Lord of Rings series as well. It is good to take a break from non fiction once in a while. If you look at some non fiction, cultural history from either Asia or Europe could provide some inspiration for let's say a Elf story or a story of Druids and the like. Keep doing what you are doing I look forward to raeding your story.

message 48: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments THat is totally amazing Christa. It is a little rough, but keep it up hon. It is Intriguing and I would love to read more of your story.

message 49: by Christa (new)

wolf spirit wrote: "THat is totally amazing Christa. It is a little rough, but keep it up hon. It is Intriguing and I would love to read more of your story."

thank you so much! I'll try and stay on it. Right now I only have one more chapter to add. Hopefully before I go back to school.

message 50: by Christa (new)

I'm sitting up in be miserable because my arthritis is flaring up. *yes Young Adults can get rheumatoid arthritis too. I happen to have it in my spine.* Anyway, I couldn't help but click on the trailer with Daniel R. in it. The Woman in Black, sounds really interesting. In the trailer there is this really awsome poem, ballad, whatever going on. Being the bored one I am I took the time to write it out for you curious folks.

The Woman in Black
During afternoon tea,
there's a shift in the air.
A bone trembling chill that
tell's you she's there.

There are those who believe
the whole town is cursed.
but the house in the marsh
is by far the worst

What she wants is unknown
but she always comes back.
The specktor of darkness