Calling all Demigods! discussion

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magdalena (Maggie), Gaea shall smite you all. (last edited Mar 10, 2011 06:22AM) (new)

Magdalena (Maggie) Nightingale (MagdalenaNightingale) | 1672 comments Mod
So, for members new to Goodreads, and for those who need some reminding, here are some helpful hints with html text:

When doing this, take out the dashes!

<-i> text <-/i> = italics
<-u> text <-/u> = underline
<-b> text <-/b> = bold
<-s> text <-/s> = strikethrough
Image tag:
<.img src="url" alt="a description that describes your image incase your image isn't visible"> Exclude the period at the beginning.

"Custom link" tag:
<.a href="url".>Text<./a.> without the periods, just as before. YOU MUST USE THE PLAIN QUOTATION MARKS. NONE OF THE FANCY WORD STUFF THAT CHANGES IT.

my link text here Without the ! makes it like so.

message 2: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (TheSignPainter) | 34142 comments Mod
Models.com users for character images--
If no image tag, [image error], is available to you, and you don't want to upload your file to your profile, Right click on the image you would like, click on "view image", and your set to use that image.

message 3: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (last edited May 10, 2011 05:44AM) (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (TheSignPainter) | 34142 comments Mod
IMG = image (tag)
SRC = source (attribute.)

Basically, what you're doing is making an image appear, and defining where it comes from. You have a tag, (ie: is a bold tag) which is basically the main point, then attributes, which describe the point.

ALT = alternative text (attribute)

If, for whatever reason your image doesn't show up, the alternate would be a word or phrase of what the image is.

You have to have quotations around the text after the ALT attribute in order for it to show. Why? Because what's in the quotations is what is being defined for the ALT attribute. So if I were posting a picture of Anfisa, my ALT attribute would have "Anfisa Cumley".

[image error]

Yes, I know it's confusing.

message 4: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

unread topics | mark unread