Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Archive > Group Read- All That Glitters

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gigi (last edited Nov 07, 2010 09:37AM) (new)

Gigi | 85 comments So, I'm fairly new to Linda Howard (a few mons). I would like to read as much of her library as possible. I know this is late, but maybe some of you would like to join me in my Linda Howard journey, whether the book is new to you or a re-read. I was guessing I would go by pub. date order. I'm following this Linda Howard book list as a guide.

If you include any spoilers in your posts please indicate that there are spoilers in the beginning of your posts. I hope you'll join me! I'm excited! I would love to hear what everyone thinks of the books as well.

The first book on the list is All That Glitters.

message 2: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 19 comments I'll join you every now and then, but i'll skip this book. ^.^

message 3: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 85 comments Yayy...I'm glad you'll join every now and again. This is one of her earlier ones, so I hope it will be good.

message 4: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 19 comments Seems to have mix reviews.

There are a few books that i need to finish so this would be a perfect way to finally do.

message 5: by Norma (new)

Norma | 22 comments Oooh! I love this idea! I'd skip a few, but I've not read this book. Let me see if my library has a copy. If not, I'll have to search.

message 6: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 21 comments I have read almost all her books several times, the only books I don't own are All that Glitters, An Indpendent Wife and her Raintree series, but I will follow along with all the others.

message 7: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 85 comments Great! I'm really excited about this. I can't wait until the book discussions begin!

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori Baldi I've read almost all of Linda's work but I don't remember All That Glitters. I do remember reading her very first book and not liking it at all. It was probably a Harlequin/Silhouette format from the old days. It seems as if it was An Independent Wife. Does anyone know?

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet (janetlilith) | 102 comments Gigi wrote: "So, I'm fairly new to Linda Howard (a few mons). I would like to read as much of her library as possible. I know this is late, but maybe some of you would like to join me in my Linda Howard journe..."

Hi Gigi - I'll join you in this, but I'll have to skip All that Glitters. Once was enough.

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet (janetlilith) | 102 comments Lori wrote: "I've read almost all of Linda's work but I don't remember All That Glitters. I do remember reading her very first book and not liking it at all. It was probably a Harlequin/Silhouette format from t..."

Lori - All that Glitters was her first published book. The second was An Independent Wife. Both were published in 1982. Both were pretty bad, something she admits. lol

message 11: by Fran (new)

Fran Gigi, I am reading Open Season by Linda Howard this month for the Random Thread Challenge at RRRC.

message 12: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 85 comments Fran, I'm jealous!

However, I'm determined (no matter how hard it will be ; )) to stick to the gameplan...stinkers or not. LOL

message 13: by Fran (new)

Fran Gigi, when you are past the first few clunkers and I am done with Open Season I will hop aboard and join you.

message 14: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 85 comments LOL!! Sounds like a plan. Maybe next month, I'll change it to 2 books with the choice to read one or both. Hmmmmmm...

message 15: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 85 comments So, I had to order the book and it won't be here until closer to the end of the month. Has anyone read it so far? If so, what did you think? If you didn't like it, why?

message 16: by Gigi (last edited Dec 17, 2010 11:46AM) (new)

Gigi | 85 comments LOL! I just got this book. So.....I'm changing all of the threads to Group read threads because I'm having a hard time finding some of her earlier ones. So, that way, people can read and discuss when ever and if they want.