My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

General Religions > Your View On Others

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan I feel that unless people are atheist, they burn in Hell.

message 2: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Isn't this basically the same as do non-christians go to heaven?

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Si.

*Mrs. Brightside* Oh wow, that's interesting.

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments I hope there's some sort of an afterlife (that you can grow in :P), but I'm not going to make any type of guesses about it, if there even is one :P

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments Would anyone ever in a million years convert to another religion?

message 7: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Well, I used to be a really devout Jew...if that counts?

message 8: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Doubtful. Your brain is responsible for consciousness. You need consciousness to have thoughts, feelings, etc. Your brain does not work when you are dead. When you are dead, you can have no consciousness. Without consciousness, one could hardly have an afterlife.

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments Rachel, thats cool why'd you convert

message 10: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Is this in reply to me? (If so, I know the supernatural cannot be dis/proven by laws of nature...and I'm not saying it's probably. It isn't. I'm just saying I'd like one.)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments Religions (or lack thereof) and belief systems are our best guesses at what the truth is. We choose to base out beliefs on combinations of different things: logic, science, family, social expectations, gut feelings, personal experiences, etc. As long as their beliefs don't involve harming others, I respect their right to believe what they wish. What they do about their beliefs, however, can make me like them less. This is especially true for people who are particularly militant in their beliefs. I'm the type of person who is more likely to say "Can't we all just get along?", regardless of whether that's realistic or not. People who are more confrontational in their beliefs annoy me.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments Thanks, Beluga Girl. :)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments Ahhhh, I'm much too unpredictable to call you what everyone else calls you. ;)

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments I always just call her Girl :)

message 15: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) I was raised Catholic, not my choice,and became a Christian, now I don't attend church. but I still have my beliefs in place. I would never tell others that my religion is better than theirs. Being Christian is almost like being an Amway salesman, or woman, the people you hope to convert are called prospects. I think if you live your life as authentically as you can, and not advertise one way or another what religion you are, people are drawn to that,not by being labelled as Christian,or Jehovah's Witness, or other religions.

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) Now it seems like their is guitar playing and charismatic stuff going on,and it is so not like how it should be. They are trying to appeal to the masses, and make it hip to go to church. More power to them, but I don't believe in their ideologies, and their dogmas.

message 17: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) I think religion or your beliefs are what makes each of us unique. A church nowadays is either a theatre, or just a building. So symbolically there is no church. It is just a building. Which is so wrong.

message 18: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) True.

message 19: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 165 comments I don't really mind if other people don't believe in what I believe in. I don't like it if they are rude about what I believe in though. I guess that's the same for everyone.

message 20: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Haha, yes, Claere, most people prefer to have their views respected ^-^ ♥

message 21: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 165 comments Yes, that's what I meant. I don't appreciate rude people, but I suppose you don't either.

message 22: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Nope :P

message 23: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 165 comments Yes...... So as long as they respect my beliefs, or at least doesn't make fun of them, I'm cool.

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments My greek teacher was infuiated that they put a starbucks-like coffee house in his childhood church

message 25: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments In?

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments yepp in the lobby

message 27: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments After reading the topic about commercializing religions, I understand, but thanks for explaining here as well :)