The American Civil War discussion

General Discussion > Any interest in a Gettysburg only group?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donald (new)

Donald (donf) Is their any interest in a group dedicated only to the
Battle of Gettysburg? It appears that this group
is without a moderator and appears defunct. Correct?

message 2: by Sal (new)

Sal Valdez (svaldez724) | 1 comments i am interested

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessalittlenerdy) | 21 comments I'd be interested. Gettysburg is one of my favorite places, and I would like to learn more about the battle.

message 4: by John (new)

John | 6 comments I am interested by don't think that I will be able to contribute very much.

message 5: by Donald (new)

Donald (donf) Sal, Jess,John thanks for the responses. Don't know if I'm particularly qualified to be a moderator, but I have studied the battle for 30 years, have a large library of books, documents, regimental histories, reprints, etc, have walked over virtually all of the battlefield numerous times, videoing it often and for 2 years lived right below the Maryland border. I have a particular interest in the 11th Corps, it's regiments and leaders and most specifically the 153rd Pennsylvania regiment that was recruited in the Bethlehem/Allentown Easton area of mid eastern PA, where both my parents came from. Interested mostly in the Barlow's Knoll battle area. Maybe the best approach is to just post Gettysburg only discussions. If other members complain then start a new group.Prior to mine there hadn't been a post since August!

message 6: by George (new)

George | 93 comments sounds interesting. why not?

message 7: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 160 comments It might be interesting.