We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Bekah's Fun House! > What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments for me...pigs feet probably. :-)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Probably escargot and I loved it!

message 3: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments ooh, really? I've always been curious...but haven't. what's it like?

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Kinda squishy texture wise. It was cooked in garlic and who knows what else. So it had that garlic taste to it also. I had it at a fancy restaurant in Hawaii.

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Probably escargot and I loved it!"

Me too! I ate that in Lake Tahoe at a fancy restaurant on a dare with a bunch of girlfriends. It was covered in garlic so that's all I pretty much tasted. I thought it would have the texture of fat, which I can't stand, but it was more chewy than that. Wasn't bad at all.

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Bekah wrote: "for me...pigs feet probably. :-)"

That's a delicacy down here! (lol. not really.)Where are you from?

Chitlins . .. when I didn't know any better. My Granny used to take me to a Chittlin Festival every year in a little town around here. I miss the festival and the time with her, but not the rest of it!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments I forgot to mention mountain oysters. I was 15 and my step dad thought it was funny to give me some at this restaurant and no one would tell me what they were. I didn't care because I liked them. After we left the restaurant I was told but I wasn't grossed out or anything. I had some chitlins once too. Someone took me to a soul food restaurant. I seem to remember liking them but I'm not sure. I've also had calamari (loved it)and bird's nest soup (before I knew what it was). The only thing I think I'd have a problem with is insects and bugs (eeeww!)

message 8: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments My mom and dad are from Trinidad....so I've eaten a few things out there!!! :-)

message 9: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments Alright, what's bird's nest soup?

message 11: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments Okay that's gross.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments The idea of eating swallows' saliva just does not make me smile.

I tried frog's legs for my 18th birthday. They were in garlic butter so strong, all one could taste was the garlic.

My culture values kishke which I love (chicken fat and seasoned flour stuffed in an intestine).

I also love our culture's chopped chicken livers with onions, chicken fat and griveners (the chicken skin equivalent of pork rinds).

We also eat gefilte fish, which is basically a poached fishburger.

I eat these Jewish traditional foods but they do not seem wierd to me.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Oh, I forgot! I ordered alligator once, it had a beefy flavor an a fish texture (yuk).

When I was a Girl Scout, a survival teacher showed us how to eat black ants. It had no flavor.

message 14: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments love gator tail, if it's cooked properly.

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Mandy wrote: "love gator tail, if it's cooked properly."

I liked it until it started getting cool. Not going to ever eat ants!!!!!

message 16: by Autumn (last edited Dec 06, 2010 08:41PM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote:
I liked it until it started getting cool. Not going to ever eat ants!!!!!"

lol i ate FRIED ANTS... they were.,.... MMMMM crunchy?? (i was in Brazil and thats what i had to eat on the amazon.. high in protein.. "thats what she said" LOL

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Atumn, You are a brave one! I just can't imagine eating bugs. I'm pretty open to eating a lot of different stuff but I draw the line at bugs/insects.

message 18: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments the reality is that we've all probably eaten a bug or two in our lifetime!

the thought is disturbing...

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments Probably the weirdest thing I've ever eaten was black pudding when I went to Ireland. It's part of the traditional Irish breakfast and I found it to taste like it looks...charred.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments Ok, I guess my 'strange" isn;tt hat strange compared to this stuff gals. I'm quite boring with grrilled cheese sandwiches soaked in dill pickle juice or fritos dipped in miracle whip....and no, I'm not nor did I eat these combos while pregnangt! I ate them before!

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Heidi wrote: "Ok, I guess my 'strange" isn;tt hat strange compared to this stuff gals. I'm quite boring with grrilled cheese sandwiches soaked in dill pickle juice or fritos dipped in miracle whip....and no, I'm..."

Hmmm not sure I could go with those but I've done fries with mustard and steak dipped in blue cheese. My daughter likes to dip everything in sour cream.

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments I like Fritos dipped in mustard. :)

message 23: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Atumn, You are a brave one! I just can't imagine eating bugs. I'm pretty open to eating a lot of different stuff but I draw the line at bugs/insects."

LOL! Oh Pamela! i had no choice! we had canned foods.. and we had run out of tuna.. so,we drowned the ants in alcohol and then fried them.. ***shivers** i know!! but it sustained me on my medical yr LOL!