What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Worlds of Fritz Leiber
This topic is about The Worlds of Fritz Leiber
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. "Blatt, blatt, blatt," go the Blattidae. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments If you follow that up automatically with "go the Blattidae," you might be able to help me out here.

I know that I first saw this in print, regular print. It might be a line from a short story, or a printed transcript of a comedy routine, or ... I can't really remember.

So, that's all I have to go on. One line.

"Blatt, blatt, blatt," go the Blattidae.

Searching online is not helping. Two of the hits will be me asking for help to identify the quote on other sites. It's not sufficiently interesting or well known to be on any of the quote sites.

One (a blog entry) just has the line, doesn't provide context. Yes, I'm trying to contact that original poster. The rest are not useful.

message 3: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments yes, I've seen that. It's one of the blog sites that's not quite what I needed to put this to rest. I have emailed the blogger, however, in hopes that he knows from whence it came. If you find one on a drhoz's site, I've emailed that poster as well.

message 4: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Short Story by Fritz Lieber, "Mysterious Doings in the Metropolitan Museum."

One of my online friends came up with it. Thanks for everyone who gave this a shot.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Stormhawk, Glad you found it.

If anybody knows a book that it's in, please let us know. But, either way, glad you found it.

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments It's in Universe 5 - Terry Carr, ed.

I'm pretty sure that's not where I read it, though. I have a suspicion about The Best of Fritz Leiber, which I know I owned.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks, Stormhawk. The threads are linked to the shelved books so I'll add the one you know for sure, but anyone who clicks will see your message post about the Fritz Leiber book.

message 8: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Thank you!

message 9: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Found a table of contents which confirms, the story is in The Worlds of Fritz Leiber. I recognize the cover art.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Okay. Thanks, stormhawk. I'll add that one and take the other off, since it's the book you read.