The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello everyone. Goodreads newbie here.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Markus (last edited Oct 31, 2010 06:47PM) (new)

Markus Kane (markuskane) | 3 comments Hello, everyone. I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself.

So, about me:
1. I'm a writer.
2. I'm a lawyer. But don't let that fool you, as I'm actually a decent human being.
3. I'm currently reading "At Home" by Bill Bryson and "The Invasion" by William Mekle.
4. I just bought a Kindle (3rd edition), and I think I love it more than actual books. (Don't hate me.)

Hopefully, I'll be popping in as often as I can.

Cheers
- Markus Kane

message 2: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 464 comments Hi Markus, welcome to Goodreads, and to our Group! I have a Nook. (Don't hate me.) LOL. Who are your favorite authors?

message 3: by Aditya (new)

Aditya Hadi (adityahadi) | 13 comments LOL ...

Hi Markus and Dorie. I also newbie here, and I don't have any ebook reader (Don't hate me).

Is there anyone here like James Patterson ?

message 4: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Markus and Aditya. I love my ereader, not more than books perhaps, but it's a close call!

Welcome and thanks for joining the group. I'm sure you'll find lots of things to read and talk about. We have some really fun story writing games going on in the Fun and Games folder. We are also taking nominations for the November-December Group read, so check that out too.

message 5: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Hey Aditya. I think that the question should be 'Is there anybody out there who doesn't like James Patterson'? Lol. I'm sure some people don't but. I haven't met very many of them especially if they like the genre. Welcome. I have only been with gr for about 6 months and I love it! Just be ready to add hundreds of books to your to-be-read books. I live in an efficeincy and every table,closet, bookcases, small storage room, the floor, kitchen counters and even my pantry have tons of books to be read and silly me, I still go to the library and borrow from friends. Hope y'all enjoy the site.

message 6: by Connie (new)

Connie (cojosa) | 2 comments I am a fan of James Patterson,recently read the Postcard Killers and thoroughlly enjoyed it. I also have a nook and love it!!!

message 7: by Aditya (new)

Aditya Hadi (adityahadi) | 13 comments Karen wrote: "Hey Aditya. I think that the question should be 'Is there anybody out there who doesn't like James Patterson'? Lol. I'm sure some people don't but. I haven't met very many of them especially if the..."

Hahaha, you're right. Despite all of the critique to him regarding his writing's ability, i still love his books. We're similar, now i can get wide range of option in this genre, and i can read them wherever i go. It's so wonderful!

Is there any place here to talk about JP ??

message 8: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Aditya wrote: "Karen wrote: "Hey Aditya. I think that the question should be 'Is there anybody out there who doesn't like James Patterson'? Lol. I'm sure some people don't but. I haven't met very many of them esp..."

Hi Aditya. Feel free to start a thread in the Favorite Authors folder below as a place to discuss JP.

message 9: by Node (new)

Node | 7 comments hi Markus! I have a Kindle too, and I LOVE it!! I understand you, everywhere I go, it goes!! so welcome!
Welcome Aditya! i of course love JP!!

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth | 408 comments Welcome to the group, Markus and Aditya!

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex | 18 comments Hey welcome. I'm getting my Kindle for Christmas well im not sure if it's a kindle or an ebook but i'm really excited to get mine. Markus wat type of lawyer r u? r u lk criminology or family etc.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (butterfliesinthesun) | 10 comments I am also pretty new here. So I thought I would say hi to everyone, Please check out my profile I have written my first chapter of my new book I am working on it is a crime book, I have also written a 3 part poem if you are interested.
Thank you all for your time and I hope you all had a pleasant day.