Raising a Modern Day Knight: A Father's Role in Guiding His Son to Authentic Manhood Raising a Modern Day Knight discussion

Anthony/Jer

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Rebecca Hey G,
Would this be good for Roy G. since he's got most of the reponsibility for the boys now?

message 2: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob My pastor tossed me this book over 5 years ago. I read it within a couple weeks and told him I was pumped and wanted to raise my two middle school boys using this as a tool. Over the next few years, it led me to Men's Fraternity (also by Fellowship Associates and Robert Lewis) then to lead Men's Fraternity for two years at my church.
Also, in this time, while developing my sons through the various suggestions in the book, we held a weekend for my oldest son modeled loosely on the weekend described in the book for "Adam". It was an amazing time in my son's life - a pivotal point he still talks about today in every day talk and in testimonies.
In 2011, we did the same (with my older son participating as well) for my youngest son. He was like-wise impacted deeply.

The key is the men in these boy's lives calling them out to manhood. The most important are dad, grandfather - sure - but there are many other men in their lives - youth pastor, small group leader, coach.

Dads of sons - read this book - let it do to you what it did to me - made me look back at my upbringing (without a father - died)and truly examine how I was raising my sons.